Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl is made with fresh spinach, three kinds of cheese and heated right in a bread bowl. Everyone will love this baked dip recipe!
Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
Spinach Artichoke Dip is one of the most popular and classic appetizers, and there’s good reason. What’s not to love about a creamy, cheesy dip? And the mild flavor of the artichokes paired with vibrant fresh spinach adds a beautiful color and tasty texture. We serve it at nearly every family gathering, from football games to birthday parties to Christmas Eve.
Our favorite way to serve this artichoke dip is in a sourdough bread loaf. Buy one at the store, slice off the top (save that piece!), then hollow it out, add the dip to the center, wrap it in foil and bake it right in the loaf. It makes for a beautiful presentation and of course tastes delicious! Make sure to save the bread you hollowed out for dipping. Dip anything from crackers, tortilla chips, carrot sticks, cucumber slices or mini red bell peppers!
Suggestions for this Recipe
- Most spinach dips call for frozen spinach and that’s fine! But in this recipe, the flavor is so much better with fresh baby spinach. I even like using the whole spinach leaves, but you can chop up the spinach as finely as you like before cooking.
- Pepper Jack cheese gives this baked spinach artichoke dip recipe a spicy flavor, but you can use anything you have on hand. Colby Jack, cheddar, or extra mozzarella are all scrumptious alternatives.
- Any leftover dip will store nicely in the refrigerator for up to four days. It’s not recommended that you freeze this dip, since mayo and sour cream don’t generally freeze well and can become watery or grainy after thawing.
- If you prefer a cold dip, try our Easy Spinach Dip Recipe. So delicious!
- You can definitely warm this dip up in a 9×9 baking pan rather than a bread bowl if you prefer. Just follow the recipe card below.
More Yummy Dip Recipes
- Hot Spinach Artichoke Dip
- Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
- Best Guacamole Ever
- 5-Minute Pickle Dip
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip
How to Make Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Prepare bread bowl by cutting a circle around the top (save top piece) and hollowing out inside of bread to make a bowl.
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients together except mozzarella cheese.
- Pour into bread bowl.
- Replace cut out top piece of bread bowl.
- Wrap entire bread bowl in aluminum foil.
- Place on cookie sheet.
- Bake about 1 hour or until spinach is soft and heated through.
- Unwrap foil, remove bread top and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
- Serve with pieces of removed bread, tortilla chips, or crackers.