This Banana Berry Smoothie is a refreshing, nutritious and filling treat or meal! The combination of bananas and berries pairs perfectly together!
Banana Berry Smoothie
Banana Berry Smoothies are our favorite treat! My kids ask for them daily. This banana berry smoothie is fresh, cold, filling and oh so delicious! We make them for breakfast often throughout the year, but during hot summer months, these smoothies often serve as a refreshing lunch or dinner! They’re the perfect snack any time of day. And because they’re nutritious you can feel good about feeding them to your kids, sometimes multiple times a day! The beauty of this recipe is you can change them up as much as you like! Swap out berries and fruit for your family’s favorite flavors. The possibilities are endless!
Substitutions and Suggestions for Banana Berry Smoothies
- The nutritional benefits of these smoothies are amazing! With the blend of bananas, strawberries, blueberries and orange juice, you get a boost of potassium, vitamin C, fiber, magnesium, folic acid and antioxidants among others.
- Add Greek yogurt to this smoothie instead of regular, which will add extra protein and probiotics.
- Using frozen fruit will help make this berry smoothie thicker and help it stay colder than using fresh fruit.
- Speaking of frozen fruit, freeze your bananas to use in this smoothie. Peel bananas, then slice them into large slices. Place on a cookie sheet that has been lined with wax paper, then stick it in the freezer for a couple of hours. Once the banana slices are frozen, pop them into a plastic baggie and put back in the freezer. Then you have frozen bananas on hand any time you need them!
- Add avocado for an extra creamy texture. You won’t taste the flavor!
- Try adding peaches, raspberries, blackberries, mango, pineapple or any fruit you like. With this simple recipe you can make dozens of refreshing smoothies!
- If you don’t mind the color, you can toss in a handful of baby spinach leaves for added vitamins.
- Make these berry smoothies the night before! Blend the ingredients together, then pour into freezer safe jars and freeze. Allow to defrost on the counter for a few hours before serving.
More Smoothie Recipes
Make smoothies a regular part of your day, whether it’s breakfast, lunch, dinner or a snack. Try a few of our favorites:
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
- Cool Cucumber Green Smoothie
- Golden Detox Smoothie
- Roxberry’s Peachy Keen Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
- Weight Loss Magic Smoothie
- Orange Pineapple Banana Smoothie
- Mango Avocado Smoothie
How to Make a Banana Berry Smoothie
Banana Berry Smoothie
- Blendtec Blender
- In a large blender combine yogurt, banana, berries, orange juice and honey.
- Cover and blend until smooth.
- Add ice cubes, a few at a time, until desired thickness.
- Serve immediately.