This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This tropical banana smoothie with orange and pineapple is a refreshing start to your day! Smooth, creamy, and full of tropical flavors, it’s a healthy treat that tastes delicious.
Featured with this recipe
This gorgeous, fruity banana smoothie is so yummy and easy to make. It takes me less than five minutes to throw the ingredients together in the blender for the perfect breakfast. The perfect combination of frozen bananas, oranges, and pineapple chunks, all swimming in orange juice blended together is a refreshing drink everyone needs to have!
Start your healthy eating back on track with this tropical banana smoothie. It is filled with the best ingredients that can kick-start your body and mind. It’s light and scrumptious, with lots of vitamin C. Your body and tastebuds will be thanking you!
Tropical Banana Smoothie Ingredients
Blend together the best tropical banana smoothie yet! These fruits are the perfect combination of rich, sweet, and tangy smoothie that is healthy and delicious in every sip. You will love the powerful flavor with the light and refreshing drink too cool you down throughout the day.
- Pineapple chunks – Frozen pineapple chunks give this smoothie a sweet and delicious flavoring. You can even add a splash of pineapple juice to the chunks!
- Oranges – When you peel the orange, make sure to get as much of the skin off as possible so the smoothie is smoother in texture.
- Bananas – Frozen bananas are best using this tutorial on how to freeze bananas. It takes the smoothie to the next level.
- Orange juice – Gives the smoothie a tangy, sweet, and a little sour taste to balance out the fruit but also gives the smoothie the liquid it needs to blend in a blender. Do not freeze the orange juice. Just add it to the frozen fruit when you’re ready to blend.
How to Make Tropical Banana Smoothie
Two easy steps that are quick and easy! This makes a smoothie even better! Simply add all the contents into a blender and blend until it is smooth. Your homemade smoothie will be ready in minutes!
- Blender – Blend all ingredients together until you have a smooth consistency.
- Serve – Pour into individual glasses for serving.
Tips for the Best Banana Smoothie
This recipe makes five cups, which is about three servings depending on how big you like your smoothies. The tropical banana smoothie recipe is just what you need to make ahead, use the fresh fruit in your kitchen, or have it on those sick days. Follow these tips to make the best smoothie yet!
- Make ahead of time – You can bag up the ingredients for this smoothie ahead of time in a Ziploc bag and stick it in the freezer until you’re ready to make it. The fruit will stay nice and fresh in the freezer for up to two months.
- Freeze oranges – You can also freeze oranges. Peel the oranges, then section them off and freeze them on a cookie sheet, then store them in a freezer-safe bag.
- Freeze pineapples – I love using fresh or frozen pineapple for this recipe. If you have fresh pineapple, you can do the same method as the bananas and oranges. Slice it into chunks, then freeze on a cookie sheet until they’re solid, then store in a freezer-safe bag.
- Replace juice – For a creamier smoothie, you can use milk to replace orange juice or coconut water. Any milk will work even coconut milk or almond milk.
- Sick days – This smoothie is perfect any time of year! Not only is it refreshing during hot summer months, but it’s also packed with Vitamin C, which could help during that pesky cold and flu season to help soothe sore throats and keep colds at bay.
“This is what I’m here for! Love this! This smoothie is delicious! Mhy kids love it, too! So easy and so delicious!”-Betsy
Frequently Asked Questions
Tropical smoothies are a blend of fruits that are known to be in tropical areas. Kiwi, mango, pineapple, bananas, strawberries, and oranges are popular choices.
Yes! Tropical smoothies and most smoothies are loaded with fruits that are fresh or frozen. Some have greens and juices to help add more flavor to them too. You can even add protein powder to help build muscle before and after a workout. Smoothies are nutritious and delicious with essential nutrients!
A smoothie is a drink that is made with fruits, vegetables, ice, and sometimes green leaves. It has a liquid base like plain or Greek yogurt, milk, ice cream, sherbet, or juice. Blend all the ingredients in a blender until smooth!
READ NEXT: 33+ Super Easy Breakfast Ideas
More Scrumptious Smoothie Recipes
The possibilities for delicious, healthy smoothies are endless! You can literally toss in any combination of fruits, juices, or veggies for a delicious and nutritious meal. Try some of our favorites:
How to Make Tropical Banana Smoothie
Tropical Banana Smoothie
- Blendtec Blender
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into individual glasses for serving.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.