This Banana Smoothie with Orange and Pineapple is a refreshing start to your day! Smooth, creamy and full of tropical flavors, it’s a healthy treat that tastes delicious.
Banana Smoothie with Orange and Pineapple
This gorgeous, fruity Banana Smoothie with Orange and Pineapple is so yummy and easy to make. It takes me less than five minutes to throw the ingredients together in the blender for the perfect breakfast. We got a huge box of oranges recently and I’ve been looking for all kinds of ways to use them. If you’re coming off a holiday or weekend with lots of heavy eating, this is the best way to get your healthy eating back on track. It’s light, refreshing and scrumptious!
Tips for the Best Banana Smoothie with Orange and Pineapple
- When you peel the orange, make sure to get as much of the skin off as possible so the smoothie is, for lack of a better word….smoother.
- You can bag up the ingredients for this smoothie ahead of time in a Ziploc bag and stick it in the freezer until you’re ready to make it. The fruit will stay nice and fresh in the freezer for up to two months.
- To freeze bananas, I like to slice them into bite size chunks, then place them on a cookie sheet. Pop it into the freezer until they’re frozen, then transfer to a bag. Then grab as many banana pieces as you like when it’s time to make a smoothie. Easy peasy!
- Same goes for oranges. Peel the oranges, then section them off and freeze them on a cookie sheet, then store them in a freezer safe bag.
- I love using fresh or frozen pineapple for this recipe. If you have a fresh pineapple, you can do the same method as the bananas and oranges. Slice it into chunks, then freeze on a cookie sheet until they’re solid, then store in a freezer safe bag.
- Do not freeze the orange juice. Just add it to the frozen fruit when you’re ready to blend.
- This recipe makes five cups, which is about three servings depending on how big you like your smoothies.
- This smoothie is perfect any time of year! Not only is it refreshing during hot summer months, it’s packed with Vitamin C, which could help during that pesky cold and flu season to help soothe sore throats and keep colds at bay.
More Scrumptious Smoothie Recipes
The possibilities for delicious, healthy smoothies are endless! You can literally toss in any combination of fruits, juices or veggies for a delicious and nutritious meal. Try some of our favorites:
- Peaches and Cream Oatmeal Smoothie
- Cool Cucumber Green Smoothie
- Banana Berry Smoothie
- Mango Avocado Smoothie
- Creamy Peach Smoothie
- Golden Detox Smoothie
- Pina Colada Smoothie
How to Make a Banana Smoothie with Orange and Pineapple
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth.
- Pour into individual glasses for serving.
- Blendtec Blender