This Clam Dip recipe is always a favorite at family gatherings! It is a creamy dip with minced clams, and a touch of lemon. Best served with salty ridged potato chips.
Clam Dip Recipe
This Clam Dip is so simple. I often make it for the holidays and backyard BBQ’s and have many requests for the recipe. It is so yummy and a staple chip dip at our home. We usually double this recipe and it still doesn’t last long! This dip is especially good served with potato chips, the kind with the ridges. The chip needs to be sturdy enough to hold plenty of dip. We thank Emily’s husband, Beau, for bringing this dip recipe to the family. We call it “Beau’s Clam Dip” in his honor.
What Makes This So Special?
With only four ingredients, you might be wondering what makes this dip stand out above the crowd? To me, it’s the flavor combination of Worcestershire sauce and lemon. If you’ve never worked with Worcestershire sauce before, it is a condiment made from vinegar and seasoned with anchovies, molasses, tamarind, onion, garlic and more. It has such a distinct flavor and adds so much depth to this dip. You can see the recipe calls for 1 tablespoon, but you can add more or less, depending on how you want the dip to taste.
What are Minced Clams?
We use canned minced clams for this recipe. Minced simply means the clams are sliced finely into very small pieces. Canned clams are cooked and tend to be on the chewy side, so mincing them makes them easier to eat. The clam juice the clams are canned in give the clam dip extra flavor as well. If you have access to fresh clams, by all means, wash and cook them, then chop them up for the dip. The clam flavor will definitely be more potent than using a can of minced clams.
So Many Dips, Please Pass the Chips
Any sort of get together is better when you have something on which your guests can nosh. Chips and dips are the perfect casual, yet fabulous thing to put out on the buffet. People just love dipping things. Whether its veggies dipped in hummus, chips in an amazing Clam Dip, or fruit in a delicious fruit dip. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with a bunch of great ideas.
- Pumpkin Dip is cool, creamy and has all the spicy flavors of fall, especially when paired with crisp gingersnap cookies.
- Chili Cheese Dip is totally addicting. Consider yourself warned! It takes five minutes to prepare and, if you’re not careful, you’ll scarf it down that quickly as well.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl gives you the dip and the dish all in one. Three kinds of cheese and made with fresh spinach, this warm dip is a huge hit whenever we make it.
- 5-Minute Dill Pickle Dip is perfect for summertime dipping. It works great with potato chips, pretzels or buttery crackers.
- Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip take only a few minutes to put together, and adds so much flavor to your traditional fruit platter.
How To Make Clam Dip
Beau’s Clam Dip
- Hand Mixer
- Open clams and discard about half of the clam juice. With an electric mixer, blend the remaining clam juice with cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon pepper (optional.
- Once blended, gently stir in the clams.
- Refrigerate until ready to eat. Serve with potato chips with ridges.