This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Clam Dip recipe is always a favorite at family gatherings! It is a creamy dip with minced clams, and a touch of lemon. Best served with salty ridged potato chips.
Clam Dip Recipe
This easy clam dip just takes a few minutes to make. I often make it for the holidays and summer BBQ’s and have many requests for the recipe. It is so yummy and a staple chip dip at our home. We usually double this recipe and it still doesn’t last long! This dip is especially good served with potato chips, the kind with the ridges. It definitely requires a sturdy potato chip so it can hold plenty of dip. We thank Emily’s husband, Beau, for bringing this dip recipe to the family. We call it “Beau’s Clam Dip” in his honor.
Clam Dip Ingredients
With only four ingredients, you might be wondering what makes this dip stand out above the crowd? To me, it’s the flavorful combination of ingredients.
- Minced Clams. We use canned minced clams for this recipe. Minced simply means the clams are sliced finely into very small pieces. Canned clams are cooked and tend to be on the chewy side, so mincing them makes them easier to eat. The clam juice the clams are canned in give the clam dip extra flavor as well. If you have access to fresh clams, by all means, wash and cook them, then chop them up for the dip. The clam flavor will definitely be more potent than using a can of minced clams.
- Softened Cream Cheese. This is the base of the dip and gives it a rich texture. Some clam dips are made with sour cream, which also works, but the dip is not as thick and can be a little runny.
- Worcestershire Sauce. If you’ve never worked with Worcestershire sauce before, it is a condiment made from vinegar and seasoned with anchovies, molasses, tamarind, onion, garlic and more. It has such a distinct flavor and adds so much depth to this dip. You can see the recipe calls for 1 tablespoon, but you can add more or less, depending on your taste.
- Lemon Juice. Fresh squeezed lemon juice is always best if you have fresh lemon on hand. Bottled lemon juice can also be used.
- Additional Seasonings. If you want to kick things up a bit, feel free to use additional seasonings to your taste. Lemon pepper, black pepper, cayenne pepper, salt, parsley, or a drop or two of hot sauce are all seasonings that will complement this dip.
What to serve with Clam Dip?
We recommend a hearty potato chip with ridges or kettle chips. You can also serve this dip with your favorite cracker like Wheat Thins or Triscuit Original Wheat Crackers. For a healthier option, try fresh cut vegetables like carrots and celery sticks.
So Many Dips, Please Pass the Chips
Any sort of get together is better when you have something on which your guests can nosh. Chips and dips are the perfect casual, yet fabulous thing to put out on the buffet. People just love dipping things. Whether its veggies dipped in hummus, chips in an amazing Clam Dip, or fruit in a delicious fruit dip. Don’t worry, we’ve got you covered with a bunch of great ideas.
- Chili Cheese Dip is totally addicting. Consider yourself warned! It takes five minutes to prepare and, if you’re not careful, you’ll scarf it down that quickly as well.
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl gives you the dip and the dish all in one. Three kinds of cheese and made with fresh spinach, this warm dip is a huge hit whenever we make it.
- 5-Minute Dill Pickle Dip is perfect for summertime dipping. It works great with potato chips, pretzels or buttery crackers.
- Easy Cream Cheese Fruit Dip take only a few minutes to put together, and adds so much flavor to your traditional fruit platter.
Clam Dip Recipe
- Hand Mixer
- Open the clams and discard about half of the clam juice. With an electric mixer, blend the remaining clam juice with cream cheese, lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, and lemon pepper (optional).
- Once blended, gently stir in the clams.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container until ready to eat. Serve with potato chips with ridges.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.