This dill pickle dip is the perfect dip for summer and only takes about 5 minutes to make! Try it with potato chips, pretzels, or buttery crackers.
5 Minute Dill Pickle Dip
Dill pickle dip is one of the easiest dips you can make in a pinch. All you need is a few simple ingredients and you have a tasty, tangy, creamy, cool dip that everyone will love. I like to whip up a huge batch for picnics, visits to the pool or the beach, or a park outing. My kids are always hungry so this dip and a big bag of veggies are the perfect snack to keep them satisfied while we’re out and about.
Best Pickles for this Dip
My favorite pickles to use for pickle dip are the Kosher dill pickle spears. It doesn’t really matter what brand. They are easy to chop up and they have a great flavor. I have used the baby dill pickles and whole pickles before and they work fine, they just take a little big longer to chop. If you are looking for something sweeter and homemade– try it with our Virginia Chunk Sweet Pickles recipe!
Substitutions and Suggestions for Dill Pickle Dip
- Try this pickle dip with potato chips (our favorite), Ritz crackers, Milton’s gluten free crackers, pita chips or pretzels. You can also use fresh vegetables like broccoli, carrots, celery or cauliflower.
- I love the Greek yogurt in this recipe because I think it adds the right amount of smooth texture and it makes it marginally healthier. It also makes it more dense and I just love the tangy flavor it adds. If you don’t have Greek yogurt, you can swap it out for sour cream or mayonnaise.
- If you want to add another dimension of flavor, you can add a packet of ranch dressing mix.
- To make it a ham and pickle dip (which is like our Ham and Pickle Roll Ups in dip form) just chop up a 1/2 Lb. of sliced deli ham and add it to the mixture with the pickles. So tasty!
More Tasty Dips
Dips are so perfect for snacking, parties, or even a meal! Try some of our favorite and most popular dip recipes, grab some chips and start dipping!
- Warm Bacon Cheese Dip in Sourdough
- Easy Cheese Sauce
- Best Guacamole Ever
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Fried Green Beans with Lemon Dill Dip
- Jalapeno Greek Yogurt Dip
How to Make 5 Minute Dill Pickle Dip
- In a medium-sized mixing bowl mix cream cheese, Greek Yogurt, pickle juice, garlic powder, and fresh dill with a hand mixer.
- When mixture is smooth, gently stir in chopped pickles.
- Serve with potato chips, pretzels, vegetables, or crackers (see notes above).