My husband found this recipe on food.com and wanted me to make it for him a few weeks ago. Of course, I had to make adjustments to my liking. This Game Day Buffalo Chicken Dip turned out WAY better than I thought it would. It is possibly my new favorite “Game Day” dip! It is creamy and delicious, with just a little bit of a kick.
My favorite is to dip celery sticks in it (as seen above).. it makes me feel like I am eating something somewhat healthy (even though, let’s be honest, this dip is FAR FROM healthy.. no matter what you dip into it).
How to make Game Day Buffalo Chicken Dip
- 2 Lbs. chicken boiled and shredded
- 1 12oz bottle Frank's Hot Sauce (Original -- not Buffalo Style)
- 2 8oz packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 16 oz bottle Ranch OR Blue cheese dressing (both taste awesome, it's really your preference)
- 2 c. shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 c. blue cheese crumbles optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a 9x13 glass baking pan, combine the cooked, shredded chicken meat with the entire bottle of Frank's, spreading to form an even layer.
- In a saucepan over medium heat, combine cream cheese and entire bottle of Ranch (or Blue cheese) dressing, stirring til hot and smooth. Pour this mixture evenly over chicken mixture.
- Bake for 25 min. Add shredded cheese and bake for another 5-10 minutes. Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes. Top with optional blue cheese crumbles.
- Serve with celery sticks, Triscuits, or sturdy chips (regular tortilla chips will break apart).