Homemade Honey Butter
Honey Butter is one of those indulgences that I forget about sometimes, but once I whip up a batch I think to myself “I should have this on hand all the time!” This homemade honey butter recipe is so easy to make and makes even a boring slice of morning toast taste like a treat. And with just three ingredients, it comes together quickly without any mess.
All you need to make this sinfully sweet honey butter are three ingredients: butter, honey, and a little vanilla. That’s it! Read on for tips on how to make this the lightest, fluffiest topping ever! It can be easily doubled (or tripled) depending on how much you want to serve.
Suggestions for this Recipe
- I like to use sweet, salted, real butter for this recipe. It adds another level of flavor as you whip it up. However if you only have unsalted butter on hand, use it! You could even toss in a pinch of salt if you feel it needs it.
- Make sure your butter is at room temperature! This is very important to ensure a creamy, fluffy texture. Room temperature butter mixes so well with the honey and won’t be lumpy or chunky.
- Mix the butter and vanilla together first. Then slowly incorporate your honey. If it seems to be separating a bit, keep whipping it until it’s fully incorporated together.
- This beautiful golden honey butter is absolutely delicious on our Easy Cake Mix Cornbread, biscuits, waffles, our amazing Yogurt Pancakes, muffins, French toast, even yams or sweet potatoes. You could even dollop it on green beans or peas! Try smearing this sweet butter on a thick slice of our Homemade Zucchini Bread or Honey Whole Wheat Bread. YUM!
- Store extra Homemade Honey Butter in the refrigerator, covered. It keeps really well for a couple of weeks.
How to Make Homemade Honey Butter
- Mix the butter and vanilla until smooth.
- Gradually add the honey while mixing.
- Whip mixture for at least one minute. If it looks like the honey is separating, continue to whip for another minute or so until the honey butter is smooth.