This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad takes a traditional salad and turns it into a hearty and delicious meal. The flavors are so fresh and perfect for Spring and Summer!
Featured with this recipe
When I was in high school, my friend worked at a restaurant. Sometimes, if there was leftover food, they would let her bring some home. One night she brought home a salad and we snacked on it while we were studying. It was so delicious that I knew I had to recreate it at home! Thus, the Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad recipe was born. Let us know in the comments if you think you know what restaurant this is from!
What Kind of Chicken Should I Use?
For the chicken, you can go as high maintenance or as low maintenance as you want! Usually, I just grab a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and use that! However, if you are wanting to take it to the next level, here are some chicken recipes that I think would be delicious with this salad:
- Baked Lemon Chicken
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Paprika Parmesan Crusted Chicken
You can even go with another meat option. I’ve tried salmon in this recipe and it is super delicious. If you’re feeling extra fancy, throw some tri-tip steak or shrimp on there! If you are wanting to go meatless, try roasted chickpeas or adding more veggies like cucumbers, peppers, and mushrooms!
- Pasta noodles
- Hearts of romaine
- Boneless skinless chicken breasts – cooked and sliced or shredded
- Cherry tomatoes
- Canned black olives
- Caesar salad dressing
- Parmesan cheese
Frequently Asked Questions
Traditionally, Caesar salad dressing is made with anchovies or anchovy paste, so most Caesar dressings you find will have anchovies unless you buy one that is vegan or vegetarian.
People say it is hard to describe, but more or less, it is something like a combination of smoky, garlicky, salty, and lemony.
Other Pasta Salad Recipes You Will Love
Now that the weather is warming up, I am always in the mood for a pasta salad! They are perfect for barbecues and picnics and I don’t have to heat up my house by turning on the oven. Plus, I can say I’m eating a salad when I’m really just eating pasta. It’s the best! If you’re looking for other delicious pasta salad recipes, try some of our favorites.
How to Make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- 16 ounces pasta I like to use bowtie
- 3 hearts of romaine
- 2 cups boneless skinless chicken breasts cooked and sliced or shredded
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes
- 3.8 ounce sliced black olives canned
- Caesar salad dressing to taste
- Parmesan cheese to serve
- croutons to serve
- Boil and cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the lettuce and place in a large bowl.
- Add chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, and olives.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain it and then run cold water over the pasta until it is cold to the touch. Drain well.
- Add the pasta, caesar dressing, and parmesan to the salad. Toss, top with croutons, and serve.
- Top your romaine lettuce and penne or favorite pasta with your creamy caesar dressing, but don’t stop there! Add some hard boiled eggs for added protein and a squeeze of lemon juice for freshness.
- Looking for a side dish? Make yourself some fresh garlic bread! Delicious!
Did you try this recipe?
Share It on Instagram!
Mention @favoritefamilyrecipes or tag #favoritefamilyrecipes!
Caesar salad is my FAVORITE. This pasta salad version is yum!
This salad is amazing! So fresh and flavorful, and satisfying without being heavy. Love it!
This recipe is perfect for busy weeknights. I love the idea of using rotisserie chicken. It makes things much easier.
This looks like the perfect caesar salad! I am going to make it for lunch today- thanks for sharing!
This looks sooo good! I love chicken caesar salad but never thought to make it into a pasta dish. I have to try this, I know my husband and even the kids will love it as long as there’s extra parm!