Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad takes a traditional salad and turns it into a hearty and delicious meal. The flavors are so fresh and perfect for Spring and Summer!
Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
When I was in high school, my friend worked at a restaurant. Sometimes, if there was leftover food they would let her bring some home. One night she brought home a salad and we snacked on it while we were studying. It was so delicious that I knew I had to recreate it at home! Thus, the Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad was born. Let us know in the comments if you think you know what restaurant this is from!
What Kind of Chicken Should I Use?
For the chicken, you can go as high maintenance or as low maintenance as you want! Usually, I just grab a cooked rotisserie chicken from the grocery store and use that! However, if you are wanting to take it to the next level, here are some chicken recipes that I think would be delicious with this salad:
- Baked Lemon Chicken
- Grilled Lemon Pepper Chicken
- Easy Instant Pot Chicken Breasts
- Paprika Parmesan Crusted Chicken
You can even go with another meat option. I’ve tried salmon in this recipe and it is super delicious. If you’re feeling extra fancy, throw some tri-tip steak on there! If you are wanting to go meatless, try roasted chickpeas or adding more veggies like cucumbers, peppers, and mushrooms!
Other Pasta Salad Recipes You Will Love
Now that the weather is warming up, I am always in the mood for a pasta salad! They are perfect for barbecues and picnics and I don’t have to heat up my house by turning on the oven. Plus, I can say I’m eating a salad, when I’m really just eating pasta. It’s the best! If you’re looking for other delicious pasta salad recipes, try some of our favorites.
- Italian Pasta Salad
- Creamy Bacon Ranch Pasta Salad
- Southwest Pasta Salad
- Light Greek Pasta Salad
- Mom’s Macaroni Salad
- Authentic Hawaiian Macaroni Salad
How to Make Chicken Caesar Pasta Salad
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- While the pasta is cooking, slice the lettuce and place in a large bowl.
- Add chicken breast, cherry tomatoes, and olives.
- When the pasta is cooked, strain it and then run cold water over the pasta until it is cold to the touch. Drain well.
- Add the pasta, caesar dressing, and parmesan to the salad. Toss, top with croutons, and serve.