Churro fried ice cream cake is the perfect frozen summer treat. If you are a fan of churros (or even if you aren’t), you are going to love this easy dessert!
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Albertsons. All opinions are 100% mine.
Churro Fried Ice Cream Cake
This ice cream cake [ice]screams summer! It combines two of my favorite Mexican-style treats: churros and fried ice cream. You are going to love all the flavors and textures going on here. It’s cold and sweet with a perfectly crunchy topping and bursting with churro flavor. If you are looking for the perfect summertime dessert to take to your next potluck, your search is over.
No-Fry Fried Ice Cream
I am a huge fan of fried ice cream, but I also love being able to cheat and make “non-fried” versions that taste just as good. I love how this recipe can make enough for a crowd and you don’t have to fry individual balls of ice cream. It takes very little prep and clean up is a breeze (no messing with frying oil). It’s an overall win-win!
Cinnamon Churro Ice Cream
The thing that puts this dessert over the top is the churro ice cream. We used Signature SELECT™ Cinnamon Churro ice cream that we found at our local Albertsons store. It is a cinnamon churro ice cream with a honey bun swirl and REAL churro pieces. Now imagine that with crunchy fried cinnamon-sugar layers and you have churro fried ice cream. YUM!
More summer ice cream flavors
While we are on the topic of ice cream, if you are looking for some more fun ice cream flavors, you are in luck! Check out these incredible Signature SELECT™ ice cream flavors, including: Unicorn Cotton Candy, Cinnamon Churro, Lemon Cheesecake and Black Raspberry Chip. Summer is the perfect time to enjoy these new flavors! Signature SELECT™ ice creams are quality, affordable, new and exclusive to Albertsons and the Albertsons Companies family of stores including ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Randalls, Shaw’s Supermarket, Star Market, Tom Thumb and Vons.
What’s in churro fried ice cream cake?
- Signature SELECT™ Cinnamon Churro ice cream
- Corn flakes cereal
- Toppings: Whipped cream, fudge sauce, maraschino cherries
How to make churro ice cream cake
- Melt sugar and butter together
- Add cornflakes and stir well to combine
- Put half of the cornflake mixture on the bottom of a baking dish
- Spread softened Signature SELECT™ Cinnamon Churro ice cream over the top
- Spread remaining cornflake mixture over the ice cream
- Freeze for 6+ hours or until completely frozen
- Cut into squares and serve with optional whipped cream, cinnamon and sugar, and cherries
More delicious frozen summertime treats
- Ice Cream Cookie Sandwiches (try this with Signature SELECT™ Cinnamon Churro ice cream)
- Ice Cream Cone Cupcakes (serve with Signature SELECT™ Unicorn Cotton Candy ice cream)
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie (try it with Signature SELECT™ Lemon Cheesecake ice cream)
- Raspberry Almond Fudge Ice Cream Cake (try it with Signature SELECT™ Black Raspberry Chip ice cream)
- Soften ice cream in the refrigerator.
- In a mediun-sized sauce pan, combine butter and sugar and bring to a simmer.
- Simmer for 2-3 minutes stirring contantly.
- Remove from heat and add crushed corn flakes and cinnamon. Stir gently until all of the crushed cornflakes are covered in the mixture.
- Place half of the corn flake mixture in a 9x13 glass baking dish and press down evenly along the bottom of the dish.
- Spoon softened ice cream over the top and carefully smooth over with a spatula or knife.
- Evenly sprinkle the remaining mixture over the top of the ice cream.
- Cover and freeze for 6+ hours or overnight.
- Cut into serving-sized squares and top with desired toppings.