Homemade ice cream sandwiches are one of the easiest summer treats to make! Find out our secret to making them perfect every time.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of O Organics®. The opinions and text are all our own.
We love making ice cream cookie sandwiches in the summertime because they are an easy dessert that doesn’t require plates, bowls, or even any utensils. You can just serve them up and let everyone enjoy them without any cleanup. Ice cream sandwiches are easier to make than you may think, too! Read out tricks and tips below to making the perfect ice cream sandwiches every time.
Ice Cream Sandwiches the EASY way
Many recipes for ice cream sandwiches call for softening the ice cream and then scooping it on. The problem with this is that you have to get the ice cream JUST the rich consistency or you will have a mess. If the ice cream is too hard it will break the cookie. If it is too soft it won’t keep its shape. For our method, you simply cut right through the pint container what thickness you want and place it on the cookie (see pictures above and below). So easy!
Why O Organics® Ice Cream?
We love getting the O Organics® ice cream because it tastes the most like homemade ice cream. It doesn’t have any of that fake junk in it. O Organics® ice cream products are USDA certified organic and feature premium ingredients, and are available in the Treasure Valley (Boise, ID area) exclusively at Albertsons stores. I found O Organics® at my local Albertsons, but you can find these exclusive products at all Albertsons Companies family of stores, including Safeway, ACME Markets, Jewel-Osco, Vons, Pavilions, Randalls, Tom Thumb, Shaw’s, Star Market, United Supermarkets and Carrs/Safeway.
O Organics Coupon
Save $1.00 with your purchase of participating O Organics and Open Nature ice cream products with the Promo code: ICECREAM (Offer Details: Add 1 participating item to cart from list below and enter Promo Code: ICECREAM at checkout. Limit 1 code per transaction. Order must be delivered by 8/06/19.)
What kind of cookie is best?
We prefer cookies that are on the chewy side because they hold together the best. We like to use traditional chocolate chip cookies, chocolate cookies, and oatmeal cookies the most. Cookies like peanut butter cookies or sugar cookies tend to crumble and don’t hold up as well with ice cream in the middle.
Our favorite ice cream cookie sandwich combinations:
- chocolate cookie + mint chocolate chip
- chocolate chip cookie + Moose tracks
- oatmeal raisin cookie + vanilla
- chocolate cookie + cookies and cream
- oatmeal + salted caramel
Tips for making ice cream sandwiches:
- Don’t even bother scooping the ice cream from the container, just cut slices!
- Wrap up individually and freeze until ready to eat
- Roll them in your favorite ice cream topping (such a sprinkles, nuts, or mini chocolate chips) for a little added flair
How to make Cookie Ice Cream Sandwiches
- 16 large cookies (see notes below for options)
- 2 pints O Organics Ice Cream (any flavor)
- 1 cup sprinkles, nuts, or mini chocolate chips (optional, for rolling the edges in)
- Place 6 cookies on a flat surface with flat sides up.
- Lay ice cream pint on its side and using a charp knife, cut each pint into 4 equal sections.
- Peel the carton pieces away from the ice cream and discard.
- Place ice cream circles on top of each cookie and then place another cookie over the top making a sandwich.
- Optional: Roll the cookie like a wheel through ice cream toppings such as sprinkles, nuts, or chocolate chips.
- Wrap each cookie in plastic wrap and freeze until ready to serve.