Coconut Lime Chicken Soup is a sweet and savory soup that is bursting with flavor. The combination of the coconut and lime flavors is unique and tasty!
As soon as the temperature starts to cool all I want is soup, this coconut lime chicken soup really hit the spot! It is so fresh and flavorful, and not a really heavy or thick soup, making it perfect for the autumn months. I love that it is different from most soups and I am crazy about the combination of coconut and lime.
The chicken in the soup is really easy and tasty, you just need to get a roasted chicken from the deli at your grocery store and shred it up into bite size pieces. And be sure to double check that you have all the yummy spices, they really give this soup a delicious taste. The only thing we wished after making this soup was that we had made some naan bread to go with it.
Coconut Lime Chicken Soup
- 3 Tbsp butter
- 1 carrot shredded
- thai seasoning see below
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 bunch fresh cilantro
- 1 15 ounce can unsweetened coconut milk
- 2 - 2 1/2 pound deli-roasted chicken from the grocery store shredded
- 1 cup previously cooked long grain rice
- the juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tbsp. soy sauce
- extra cilantro for garnish optional
- lime wedges optional
- Place a large pot on the stove over medium-high heat. Add the butter, carrots, and thai seasoning and cook until carrots become soft.
- In a blender, add chicken broth and cilantro and pulse a few times, then pour contents of blender into the pot.
- Add the coconut milk, shredded deli roasted chicken, rice, juice from the lime, and soy sauce. Bring to a low boil then remove from heat.
- If desired, serve topped with extra cilantro and lime wedges.
recipe adapted from Better Homes and Gardens