Creamy Thai Peanut Dressing is zesty and tangy and slightly sweet, the perfect topping to green salads, cold pasta salads or as a veggie dip. Such a versatile, delicious dressing!
Creamy Thai Peanut Dressing
Creamy Thai Peanut Dressing is your salad’s new best friend. It is a delicious and tangy dressing that tastes amazing on green salads, cold pasta salads, or for just dipping in veggies one at a time. I am in love with Thai flavors, especially peanut sauce! Our family used a similar dressing for a long time that we found at Trader Joe’s but I wanted to find a way to make my own with ingredients in my own kitchen. This one is just the right amount of sweet, tangy and creamy, the perfect dressing for when you’re craving Thai flavors.
Peanut Sauce in Thai Peanut Dressing
One of the most important ingredients in this dressing is the peanut sauce. I’ve used several brands from the grocery store, but I like to whip up my own using this recipe for Peanut Sauce. It is spicy and sweet, a delicious blend of peanut flavoring and sriracha, with soy sauce, rice vinegar, and garlic. It’s so delicious, you can’t even believe it!
Tips for Perfect Dressing
- I made this dressing in my Blendtec blender, which makes it so creamy and smooth, but you can use any blender you have. Or just mix by hand!
- Fresh cilantro gives this dressing a fresh, herb flavor that I love! If you’re not a fan of cilantro feel free to omit this ingredient. On the flip side, you can add up to a quarter cup of diced cilantro for more of that unique flavor.
- Thin out the dressing with a tablespoon of milk at a time until it’s the desired consistency.
- For a spicier dressing, add a dash or two of extra sriracha.
- This dressing would also be delicious with chopped green onions.
What to Serve with Creamy Thai Peanut Dressing
I recently used this dressing on a broccoli slaw mix with some nuts and raisins mixed in. The next thing I am going to try will be a salad with grilled chicken, fresh pineapple, and red peppers. We’ve also used it on regular green garden salads, stir-frys, tossed with warm noodles, a dip on a veggie tray, or drizzled over chicken and rice. You can use this dressing on just about anything!
More Tantalizing Thai Recipes
When Thai cravings strike, reach for some of these deliciously savory and sweet recipes and create a feast for your family!
- Thai Chicken Satay with Peanut Sauce and Cool Cucumber Salad
- Two Minute Thai Peanut Noodles
- Thai Chicken Pizza (California Pizza Kitchen’s Copycat)
- Thai Fish Tacos
- One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta
- Thai Chicken Enchiladas
- Thai Peanut Chicken
How to Make Creamy Thai Peanut Dressing
- In a blender, mix together everything but the cilantro and peanuts until thoroughly combined, Then add the cilantro and peanuts and pulse just a few times. Keep refrigerated.
- Serve over green salads, pasta salads, or use as a vegetable dip.
- Blendtec Blender