You can make these EASY Dinner Pies TWO Ways – Cheeseburger or Taco! They are cheap, easy, and use ingredients you probably always have on hand!
This is another one of my Mom’s recipes. It is one of those feel-good country dinner meals that my family LOVES. Dinner pies are a great meal for when you just don’t have a whole lot of time to dedicate to dinner! It is cheap, easy, and uses ingredients you probably always have on hand!
For a little variation — just add a little taco seasoning to the ground beef and top with sour cream and salsa and you have a whole new meal.. TACO PIE! I honestly don’t know which one I like better. Try them both and decide for yourself (even though I am willing to bet you will like it both ways too)!
- Heat oven to 400-degrees.
- Cook beef and onion in a skillet until cooked through and onions become clear (appx 6-8 min).
- Stir in salt & pepper.
- Spray a glass pie plate with cooking spray and spread beef mixture over the bottom. Top with shredded cheese.
- Whisk together baking mix, milk & eggs in a medium-sized bowl until well blended (it will be pretty runny).
- Pour over beef mixture in pie plate.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until knife inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cut into wedges and serve!
FOR TACO PIE:
- Add taco seasoning to ground beef when browning. Prepare pie the same as above. When ready to serve, serve with toppings such as salsa, avocado, sour cream etc...