These Fiber Crunchies are a crunchy yummy chocolate treat that are loaded with fiber and low on calories. This recipe makes 14 Fiber Crunchies and each Crunchie is only 57 calories!
When I was doing Weight Watchers a few years ago, these Fiber Crunchies were my favorite 1-point snack. The hardest part of any diet for me is staying away from chocolate! I find myself craving it all the time! So, instead of reaching for a Twix or a Reese’s I decided to make this recipe.
High Fiber Snack
Sometimes called a Weight Watcher Cookie, the secret to keeping this healthy snack at only 1 Weight Watcher point each is that they are full of fiber. Each Fiber Crunchie has 3 grams of fiber, which means you’ll fill up faster while satisfying your chocolate craving at the same time.
If your’e feeling confused about why high fiber is a good way to go, let me explain. In a nutshell, high fiber foods digest more slowly, which means the food stays in your stomach longer, making you feel full faster and stay full longer. This is helpful when you are trying to cut calories but not give into the need to munch.
In addition, the peanut butter in this recipe gives these healthy cookies some protein which is great for a little mid-day snack when you need a pick-me-up. You can make these ahead of time and then snack on them whenever! Put them in a sandwich bag and stick them in your purse or your gym bag or even just in your car (as long as it’s not too hot outside)! They are also great for kids lunches! Make sure they are always stored in an air-tight container. You can store them on the counter, but I like to stick them in the fridge and eat them cold too.
More Healthy Recipes
Stay motivated on your journey to better health with these delicious healthy recipes.
- Healthy Oatmeal Cookies are made without butter, added sugar, flour or eggs, but they are so good! You have to try them to believe it.
- Weight Loss Magic Soup is low-calorie, high fiber, loaded with veggies and a great way to fill up without filling out.
- Healthy Pizza is only 350 calories and can be loaded with as many veggies as you like. Pizza night never looked so yummy!
- Healthy Banana Muffins are moist, rich, with subtle banana flavor and topped with a delicious cinnamon crumb topping. You won’t believe how low fat they are!
How To Make Fiber Crunchies
- Place Hershey bar and peanut butter in a microwaveable bowl. Heat on high for 30 seconds. Stir.
- Add cereals. Stir until cereals are coated in melted chocolate and peanut butter.
- Scoop out 12 even servings onto a cookie sheet lined with wax paper.
- Refrigerate until firm.