Weight Loss Magic Soup is the perfect recipe to a healthier you in 2019! If you are looking to drop a few pounds this low-calorie, high-fiber soup is healthy, flavorful, and really fills you up!
Weight Loss Magic Soup is a combination of a couple of weight loss soup recipes that have been around for years – Weight Watchers Garden Vegetable Soup and the Cabbage Soup Diet Recipe. We added kidney beans for protein to help feel fuller for a longer period of time. Feel free to add or subtract vegetables to your taste. The benefit of this soup is that it tastes great and it really does help you lose weight.
Why is it Called “Magic Soup”?
We call this soup “magic” because we have all incorporated it in our diets at one point in another with terrific results! It’s so much more than a bland cabbage soup or vegetable soup. It is hearty, flavorful and keeps you full and on track with eating.
Do I JUST Eat This Weight Loss Soup? All Day, Every Day?
No. You still need to get some calories in (about 1,000) to lose weight at a healthy rate. For best results here’s what we have found to work:
- Eat a healthy breakfast in the morning, focusing on lean proteins.
- Eat a bowl of Weight Loss Magic Soup for lunch.
- Have another bowl of the delicious vegetable soup for an afternoon snack.
- Then, at dinnertime, eat a bowl of the weight loss soup along with some whole grain crackers.
- Drink lots of water during the day to stay hydrated, and most importantly,
- Exercise at least 30 minutes 3-5 days a week for maximum results.
Will I Gain All My Weight Back Afterwards?
It’s important to note that we don’t recommend following this strict diet for more than seven days. After a week, be sure to maintain a healthy diet, having this soup intermittently until you reach your desired weight. Think of this as a positive kick-off to your diet, a way to shed pounds and gain some confidence as you continue your lifestyle change. A great way to help with portion control is to eat a bowl of soup before you eat your regular meal. The soup will fill your stomach with healthy vegetables, and you will feel less hungry for your meal.
How Many Calories are in Weight Loss Magic Soup?
Each cup of Weight Loss Magic Soup has only 57 calories! It is such a satisfying way to get your vegetables in for the day. If you are worried about sodium content, feel free to use low-sodium V8 or even use tomato juice (homemade or store bought). You can also use fresh veggies instead of canned or low-sodium broths to reduce sodium as well. One cup of soup contains:
- 57 calories
- 11 carbs
- 0 fat
- 4 protein
- 225 sodium
How Long Does Weight Loss Magic Soup Last?
This Weight Loss Magic Soup recipe makes about 20 cups of soup, so you can eat on it all week. It stays fresh in the refrigerator for up to seven days, and freezes beautifully. Make a double or triple batch and store in the freezer for up to three months.
I don’t Like (Insert Vegetable Name Here). What is a Good Substitute?
You can substitute any vegetable really. Just try to avoid starch ones like potatoes, peas or corn if you can. Kale, spinach and celery are delicious and filling substitutions.
This Soup Recipe Has A LOT of Veggies. Am I Going to be, You Know, Running to the Bathroom Often?
If this is something you’re worried about, or if you find yourself hitting up the bathroom too much for your liking, eat the soup along with some whole-what toast, brown rice or even a banana. That should help!
More Healthy Recipes to Kick Off the New Year
Start your New Year off on the right foot with a few of these deliciously healthy recipes. Happy cooking!
- Golden Detox Smoothie
- Weight Loss Magic Smoothie
- Fiber Crunchies
- Lettuce Wraps
- Cool Cucumber Green Smoothie
- PB&J Energy Bites
- Easy Vinegar Marinated Cucumbers
- Guilt Free Oatmeal Cookies
- Oven Roasted Vegetables
How to Make Weight Loss Magic Soup
- 32 ounces chicken broth you may use low-sodium
- 3 cups V-8 juice *see recipe notes
- 28 ounces Italian diced tomatoes
- 1 small onion
- 2 cloves minced garlic
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 3 carrots peeled and sliced
- 1 zucchini diced
- 1 yellow squash diced
- 2 cups green beans fresh or frozen
- 14 ounces kidney beans drained and rinsed
- 3-4 cups shredded cabbage
- 1 teaspoons Italian seasoning
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- In a large frying pan sprayed with cooking spray, sauté garlic, onions, carrots, and mushrooms for about 5 minutes.
- In a large crockpot, combine sautéed garlic and vegetables with the remaining ingredients.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours, or until vegetables are fork-tender.
- FREEZING INSTRUCTIONSThis makes a large batch of soup. If you would like to freeze portions of it to use later, undercook the vegetables just a little. Pour the soup into freezer Ziplock bags and let as much air out as you can. Lay the bags flat on a cookie sheet and freeze. Once the soup is frozen flat, it is easy to layer in your freezer and won't take up much room. To thaw, place the bag in the fridge for 24 hours and then reheat.