This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Let’s get to the good stuff.
These Gluten-Free Ham Roll Ups with Pickle are literally the easiest things you will ever make. Perfect for after-school snacks, appetizers or finger-foods for parties.
Ham Roll Ups with Pickle
I’m always looking for new and exciting ways to make my kids’ lunches a little more fun. They’re growing up so fast, and I want them to have the best possible foods in their stomachs.
These Ham and Pickle Roll-Ups are so ridiculously easy to make, but they taste like a delicious treat from your childhood! They’re simple to make, and easy enough for even my kids to do on their own—plus they taste amazing. The pickles add just the right amount of crunch, but aren’t overpowering in any way. And the ham is a great protein source that keeps them feeling full all day long.
Great as an appetizer
These are also perfect for a quick last minute appetizer (think football season) or finger food for parties. Last time I made these, I served them with with these Finger Sandwiches for a lemonade “tea” party for my little girls. They complemented each other perfectly. If you want to make them ahead of time, cover each of the rollups individually in plastic wrap and store them in the fridge.
Make Ham Rollups without a Pickle
If you don’t have pickles on hand, or you simply don’t want to add the pickle, just leave it out. They are great either way! Sometimes I will just use ham (or turkey), cream cheese and jalapeño jelly to switch things up (oh man, I love it that way). Any of these ways are a great alternative to sandwiches for lunchboxes. My youngest loves picking apart sandwiches and eating everything but the bread. Anyone else have one of those kids? This is a great way to save bread! If you have made these before, what variations do you like to do? We love hearing your ideas.
Some substitutions to try
These rollups, or pinwheels, can be made dozens of different ways with all kinds of ingredients! I bet each one tastes better than the last! Thanks to a few readers suggestions here are some alternatives you can try:
- Mix Good Seasoning Ranch (dry) to the cream cheese mixture for some added flavor.
- Add garlic salt and minced onion to the cream cheese — or try chive and onion cream cheese.
- Use a any deli meat you like: a slice of ham, a thin layer of turkey or roast beef.
- Sprinkle cheddar cheese in the rollups.
- Garnish with diced green onions, tomatoes, olives, fresh chives, or diced red pepper.
- Try with dried beef slices instead of ham.
- All sorts of pickles: sweet pickles are delicious in this appetizer recipe.
- Make tortilla rollups by using flour tortillas to wrap up the meat, cream cheese and pickles.
- Add ranch seasoning to the cream cheese mixture.
More appetizers to sample
Having a party? Try these or other appetizer recipes at your next party or family get together. We have easy appetizer recipes for just about any occasion!
Ham Roll Ups with Pickle
- 5 slices deli ham I like it sliced slightly thicker than sandwich slices
- 3-5 ounces cream cheese
- 5 dill pickle spears (or 10 baby dill pickles, use 2 per roll up)
- Evenly spread cream cheese on to each ham slice.
- Place dill pickle spear at the end of each slice and roll up.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each roll cross-wise into 1/2″ to 1″ pieces.
Did you try this recipe?
Share It on Instagram!
Mention @favoritefamilyrecipes or tag #favoritefamilyrecipes!
I made this as a low-carb snack for my 6yo, who has T1D. He loved it! But, as soon as my hubby saw it, he called it “redneck sushi.” 🤦🏽♀️ LOL
It is the perfect low-carb snack! I’m glad your son enjoyed it. Sorry your husband isn’t on board – haha.
Das good Ukraine dish
I am so excited to try these recipes thepicle ham roll up has been a go to thanks to a lovely lady at the colevei attende. I figured if she did all this for events i needed to learn. Thanks to all the strong ladies in my life….god rest myothers sou
See More Comments