These Ham Roll Ups with Pickle are literally the easiest things you will ever make. Perfect for after-school snacks, appetizers or finger-foods for parties.
Ham Roll Ups with Pickle
With school back in session, I am always trying to be creative with snacks or lunchbox ideas. These ham and pickle roll ups are so ridiculously easy but my kids LOVE them… and I loved them when I was growing up! They are so simple, the kids can do it themselves (with adult help cutting them, of course.) Though sometimes my kids like to eat them whole without even being cut. Anyway, these are so easy, I wondered if I should even put them on here, but after talking to a friend who had never heard of them before I figured I should put them on as more of idea than anything (sometimes we just need a little memory jog for snack ideas).
Great as an appetizer
These are also perfect for a quick last minute appetizer (think football season) or finger food for parties. Last time I made these, I served them with with these Finger Sandwiches for a lemonade “tea” party for my little girls. They complemented each other perfectly.
Some substitutions to try
If you don’t have pickles on hand or you simply don’t want to add the pickle, just leave it out. They are great either way! Sometimes I will just use ham (or turkey), cream cheese and jalapeno jelly to switch things up (oh man, I love it that way). Any of these ways are a great alternative to sandwiches for lunchboxes (my youngest loves picking apart sandwiches and eating everything but the bread.. anyone else have one of those kids? This is a great way to save bread…). If you have made these before, what variations do you like to do? We love hearing your ideas!
A few readers suggestions to this tasty recipe include:
- Adding Good Seasoning Ranch (dry) to the cream cheese for some added flavor.
- Add garlic salt and minced onion to the cream cheese — or try chive and onion cream cheese
- Try with dried beef slices instead of ham
- All sorts of pickles
More appetizers to sample
Having a party? Have these yummy Ham Roll Ups with Pickle on the side of our mouthwatering Slow Cooker Ham with Maple Brown Sugar. You may also want to include these other appetizers:
- Bacon Wrapped Lil Smokies
- Easy Twice Baked Potatoes
- Spinach Artichoke Dip in a Bread Bowl
- Strawberry Jalapeño Beef Polska Kielbasa Bites
How to make Ham Roll Ups with Pickle
- Evenly spread cream cheese on to each ham slice.
- Place dill pickle spear at the end of each slice and roll up.
- Using a sharp knife, cut each roll cross-wise into 1/2″ to 1″ pieces.