This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Cheesy Garlic Bread is a delicious appetizer or side dish for pasta. The topping is so creamy and cheesy and complements the crunch of the broiled bread perfectly.
Featured with this recipe
Cheesy garlic bread is a classic favorite side dish that pairs perfectly with any Italian pasta dish. It is super simple to make, and everyone’s favorite. Simply add butter and seasoning over top and then bake! We love to serve this with lasagna and soup, then add a salad for a complete meal!
Out of all the garlic bread recipes, this one is by far the best! It is cheesy, full of flavor, and delicious to dip in marinara sauce or have by itself. It is perfect for serving a family, or double it for a crowd. This cheesy garlic bread recipe is one that you will want to save forever!
Cheesy Garlic Bread Ingredients
This garlic bread with cheese is always a family favorite! We love to make it as an appetizer or a side dish. It is always gone so quickly. These ingredients layer on top of each other and bake to perfection. See how far you can pull the cheese and enjoy this homemade garlic bread with your family and friends!
- French bread – Grab a fresh loaf of french bread at your local grocery store. You want that thick, hearty texture with the soft bread on the inside. Cut this lengthwise.
- Cheddar cheese – Shred your cheddar cheese or make it even easier and purchase already shredded cheese.
- Butter – Soften your butter at room temperature or microwave for about 10 to 15 seconds. You don’t want it to be melted. This will spread like soft butter on top. You can use unsalted butter for this.
- Mayonnaise – You may wonder why mayo, but it has a distinct flavor that pairs well with other ingredients. It creates a wonderful flavor all blended together.
- Onion – Chop your onion very fine. This is an added texture and flavor that is subtle, but adds more to the bread.
- Garlic – Garlic cloves minced is easy to add in, and gives it that extra kick of flavor.
- Salad supreme seasoning – This is an optional ingredient or a secret ingredient that has so many seasonings that make a strong flavor for this cheesy garlic bread. If you haven’t tried it before, it’s a seasoning mix from McCormick. I like the blend of flavors, but I also love the sprinkle of color it adds to the bread.
Make this homemade garlic bread recipe even better by using additional toppings! Turn the cheesy bread into pizza bread, or change a few things to help enhance the cheesy garlic bread. These are all great ideas to add to your french bread loaf!
- Vegetables – Sliced tomatoes or bell peppers are always delicious.
- Seasoning – Use thinly sliced basil, oregano, parsley, or garlic powder to add more flavor.
- Cheese – Change or add extra mozzarella cheese or Parmesan cheese.
- Protein – Add on some meat! Make it a little extra with pepperoni, ground beef, or ham chunks.
- Spice – If you love heat, add jalapeños, cumin, paprika, or pepper flakes to spice it up a bit.
“This bread was really amazing! My family loved it.”-Toni
Frequently Asked Questions
To reheat leftover garlic bread, wrap the bread in aluminum foil and place it on a baking sheet. Cook at 350 degrees Fahrenheit until the cheese is melted. This will take about 10 to 15 minutes.
Garlic is a hidden gem and can be added to so many amazing recipes. It is known to boost immune systems, reduce high blood pressure and cholesterol levels, and help prevent some cancers.
Cheddar! This is the best cheese for white bread. It has a tangy and sweet taste that blends well with seasoning and other add-ins.
Place the cheesy garlic bread in the air fryer basket at 400 degrees. Cook it for five minutes. Open the basket and move around, then cook for another two to three minutes or until the cheese has melted.
How to Store Cheesy Garlic Bread
It is best to let the cheesy garlic bread cool completely and then add the bread to a ziplock bag or airtight container. You can store it in a cool dry place like the pantry or in the refrigerator for up to seven days. When ready to reheat, place in the oven wrapped in aluminum foil and heat until the cheese melts again.
Great Side for These Pasta Dishes
If you want to make a great dish to serve the cheesy garlic bread with, why not try one of these incredible pasta dishes?
How to Make Cheesy Garlic Bread
Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Mix cheese, butter, mayonnaise, onions, and garlic together.
- Divide mixture in half and spread on the two halves of French bread.
- Place bread halves on cookie sheet and chill for 30 minutes.
- Broil bread in oven on high for 3-5 minutes or until cheese is melted and bubbly and the bread starts to brown.
- Cut each bread half into 8 slices.
- Serve hot right out of the oven.