This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo is a low-maintenance, weeknight dinner that tastes incredible! You just throw everything in the pot and then walk away.
Featured with this Recipe
Chicken Alfredo is one of my favorite meals and it has become even better now that I can make it so quickly and easily. Not to mention it is a one-pot meal using pantry staples! I love being able to throw everything in the pot, walk away, and then come back to a delicious meal. I love the tender noodles and the creamy alfredo sauce made from scratch. My husband even says this is his favorite pasta dinner that I make – and I make a lot of pasta so that is saying something! I like to serve this Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Pasta with steamed veggies or with a Caesar salad.
Ingredients in our Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo Recipe
- Chicken Broth
- Heavy Cream
- Fettuccine Noodles
- Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- Garlic Powder
- Salt and Pepper
- The order that you place your ingredients in the Instant Pot is very important. Add chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, and then garlic.
- Then, break the noodles in half so they fit into the pot. Add them on top of the liquids but DO NOT STIR.
- Place chicken breasts on top of the noodles. It is okay if they aren’t submerged in the liquid. Then, top with salt, pepper, and garlic powder. Again, do not stir.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot. Set the valve to sealing. Cook on Manual on high pressure for 10 minutes.
- Once the timer goes off, DO NOT TOUCH the Instant Pot. Let the pressure release naturally for 8 more minutes. If you don’t do this step, then the sauce will spray out when you quick release the pressure.
- After the natural release is done, do a quick release.
- Remove the chicken and shred or slice. Set aside.
- Add the parmesan cheese and stir until all melted. Use fresh shredded or shaved parmesan, the canned grated stuff just won’t do the trick.
- If the sauce is too thin, then set the Instant Pot to Saute and stir until the sauce thickens to desired consistency. Make sure to scrape the bottom of the pot.
- Add the chicken and serve immediately.
Unfortunately, in this recipe, you can’t substitute with milk. The high-fat content of the heavy cream is what keeps the liquid from burning on the bottom of the pot.
Chicken Alfredo always has chicken and creamy alfredo sauce but can have different pasta, like penne pasta. Chicken fettuccine has chicken and fettuccine noodles but can have different sauces or spice flavors. Finally, chicken fettuccine alfredo has all three – chicken, fettuccini noodles, and alfredo sauce.
Store leftover chicken alfredo in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It might dry out a little during storage in the fridge, so add a little milk, cream, or cream cheese when reheating leftovers.
Read Next:27 BEST Instant Pot Recipes
More Instant Pot Recipes to Try
If you have an Instant Pot, try some of our other favorite IP recipes!
How to Make Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
Instant Pot Chicken Alfredo
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- Add ingredients to the Instant Pot in this exact order and do not stir: chicken broth, heavy whipping cream, and garlic. Break the noodles in half so they fit in the pot. Add them on top of the liquid and DO NOT STIR. Place chicken breasts on top of the pasta. It is okay if they aren't submerged in the liquid. Sprinkle with garlic powder, salt, and pepper.
- Place the lid on the Instant Pot and set the valve to Sealing. Cook on Manual on high pressure for 10 minutes. When the timer goes off, DO NOT RELEASE the pressure. Let the pressure naturally release for 8 additional minutes. If you quick release the pressure right away, the sauce will spray out. After you have done a natural release, quick release the rest of the pressure.
- Remove the chicken and shred or slice it. Set aside. Add parmesan cheese to the sauce and stir until melted. If the sauce is too thin, turn the Instant Pot on to Saute and cook until desired consistency is reached, stirring constantly.
- Once the sauce is the desired consistency, add the chicken back in and stir. Serve immediately.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.