This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Instant Pot Oatmeal makes it easy to feed the whole family a nutritious breakfast. It is made with old fashioned oats, milk, and water, and only cooks for 3 minutes!
Instant Pot Oatmeal
To be honest, I’m not a huge oatmeal fan. Well, I wasn’t a huge oatmeal fan UNTIL I tried this Oatmeal in the Instant Pot! It has the perfect, creamy texture and I can make it any flavor I want. I could not believe how easy it was to put together. I threw all the ingredients in the pot and it cooked while I did my makeup. There’s nothing better than a quick, easy, and delicious breakfast.
Health Benefits of Oats
I know that every fad diet says to stay away from carbs, but oatmeal can actually provide a lot of health benefits! Oatmeal can be a great addition to a balanced diet.
Health benefits include:
- lowering cholesterol
- reducing insulin sensitivity
- promoting healthy digestion
- supplying antioxidants
- managing weight
Oatmeal Topping Ideas
This Instant Pot Oatmeal can be customized to tons of different tastes! You can add I’ve included two different variations in the recipe below – apple cinnamon and cherry vanilla. However, here are a few more topping ideas:
- Fresh Fruit – strawberries, bananas, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, peaches, apples
- Dried Fruit – raisins, craisins, apricots, cherries
- Nut Butters – peanut butter, almond butter, cashew butter
- Nuts and Seeds – almonds, walnuts, cashews, chia seeds, pumpkin seeds
- Spices and Flavors – cinnamon, nutmeg, vanilla extract, almond extract
- Sweets – chocolate chips, white chocolate chips, brown sugar, shredded coconut, honey, maple syrup
You can add the toppings before you cook the oatmeal, or stir them in after. Let us know your favorite topping combinations in the comments below!
Read Next: 27 BEST Instant Pot Recipes
Other Breakfast Ideas the Whole Family Will Love
If you need more ideas for the most important meal of the day, try some of our favorites!
How to Make Instant Pot Oatmeal – Two Ways!
Instant Pot Oatmeal – Two Ways!
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker
- 2 cups old fashioned or rolled oats
- 2 cups skim milk
- 3 cups water
For Cherry Vanilla Oatmeal
- 5 ounces dried cherries
- 1-2 teaspoons vanilla extract or almond extract
- brown sugar to taste I used about ½ cup
- Add oats, milk, water, and optional ingredients to the instant pot. Cover with lid and set valve to Sealing.
- Cook on high for 3 minutes. Let pressure release naturally for 10 minutes and then quick release.
- Stir the contents of the pot and serve immediately. Top with additional toppings if desired.