Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs are perfectly cooked, easy to peel, with no grey or greenish coloring. Ever! The easiest way to get dozens of eggs ready for the Easter Bunny this spring.
Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs
Making hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot takes all the guess work out of getting smooth, fully cooked, perfectly white and golden eggs every time. No more guessing how long to let the eggs boil, or worrying about a grey ring around the hardened yolk. We have been using the Instant Pot for the last few Easters to cook dozens of eggs in minutes. It saves so much time, and the eggs are done to perfection. It really helps speed things along when our children are begging for more eggs to dye! Try this simple method in your Instant Pot and we promise you’ll love it!
The 5-5-5 Method
For the best hard boiled eggs, remember this method: 5-5-5. Five minutes to pressure cook the eggs, five minutes to slowly release the pressure, then five minutes for the eggs to rest in an ice bath. That’s it! No guess work, no mess ups, nothing but beautifully hard boiled eggs that peel easily and look gorgeous in any recipe.
Suggestions for this Recipe
- The best eggs to hard boil are those that are at least three days old. Super fresh eggs tend to be harder to peel.
- The best part of this method is you can cook up to 18 eggs at a time in the Instant Pot with just one cup of water! Feel free to stack them on top of each other, it won’t hurt a thing.
- To peel your eggs, simply roll them on the counter until a small crack forms, then peel. The shell comes off quickly and easily and you’re left with delicious, smooth eggs!
- You can make perfect hard boiled eggs without an Instant Pot too. Try our recipe for Perfect Easy Peel Hard Boiled Eggs and see how easy it is to get the same perfect color and shape on the stove top.
- Hard boiled eggs will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator.
Use Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs in These Recipes:
- Egg Salad Sandwich
- Sriracha Deviled Eggs
- Bacon and Gorgonzola Potato Salad
- Baked Buffalo Chicken Salad
- Homestyle Potato Salad
How to Make Hard Boiled Eggs in an Instant Pot
- 12 large eggs
- 1 cup cold water
- Place the wire rack that comes with the Instant Pot in the bottom of the Instant Pot.
- Add 1 cup of water and 12 (or up to 18) raw eggs on top of the wire rack. It is ok to stack them.
- This is the 5-5-5 method for Instant Pot Hard Boiled Eggs.
- Pressure cook for 5 minutes on high.
- Slow release pressure for 5 minutes then release all pressure.
- Remove eggs and place them in an ice-water bath for 5 minutes.
- Peel immediately or refrigerate.
- Instant Pot Pressure Cooker