These lightly fried green beans are so addicting, especially when you dip them in our tasty lemon dill dip. You will have no problem getting your kids to eat their veggies when you serve these with dinner. These green beans are lightly battered and fried in a shallow pan of hot oil, which cooks the beans but still leaves them with a nice crunch. No one wants soggy droopy green beans.
Great as a side dish to just about any meal. I especially like them with grilled meat- like our New York Steaks or Grilled Balsamic Chicken.
- Add about 1/2 inch of oil to the bottom of a shallow fry pan and heat to medium.
- Place on the green beans in a large ziplock bag. Beat the eggs and milk together and add them to the bag. Seal the bag and shake thoroughly.
- In a separate ziplock bag, add the flour and parmesan cheese and shake them around to combine.
- Do not pour, but grab handfuls from the green bean bag, and add them to the flour mixture. Seal the bag and shake to coat the beans.
- Carefully place the beans in the oil and try not to overlap. Fry until they become golden in color, then remove to paper towels to cool. Lightly salt. Once cooled, serve with the lemon dill dip.
For the Lemon Dill Dip:
- Combine all the ingredients and chill till ready to serve.