Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy are made in no time and are always tender, juicy, and delicious! A perfect way to get a hearty dinner on the table even on the busiest days.
Instant Pot Pork Chops and Gravy
Pork Chops and Gravy are a comfort food classic around my house. The warm, enticing smell always whets our appetites and we look forward to gathering around the table, dishing up good food and (usually) delightful conversation. I love to make our easy Crock Pot Pork Chops but on extremely hectic days, it’s so nice to just throw ingredients into the Instant Pot and have a beautiful supper ready in a fraction of the time.
This recipe is a favorite because it uses simple, easy to find ingredients. All you need are some beautiful boneless pork chops, oil for frying and some salt. Then you’ll use a packet each of onion soup mix and Hidden Valley Ranch mix, a couple of cans of cream of mushroom soup and water. That’s it! Serve over rice or mashed potatoes with a green salad and some veggies and you have a flavorful and satisfying supper any night of the week.
Suggestions for this Recipe:
- To get tender, fall-apart pork chops, cook for about 30 minutes in the Instant Pot and allow to slow release for about 10 minutes. If you’re using a thicker cut of meat, bump the time up by five minutes. Thinner slices can be cooked for 25 minutes.
- You can use canned cream of mushroom soup for this recipe. Just open and pour. But if you’re looking for a healthier option or don’t have any on hand you can make your own! Try our Homemade Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup recipe. It is so creamy and delicious and very easy to make. Our Cream of Chicken Soup is delicious in this recipe too.
- Following the directions in the recipe card below, make sure to sear your meat on all sides. This can be done easily in the Instant Pot.
- If you’re using frozen pork chops, just sear them as directed below. However you may want to increase your cook time by just a couple of minutes.
- Store leftovers covered in the refrigerator for up to five days.
More Instant Pot Recipes
Some of our very favorite dinners are made in the Instant Pot so try a few of these scrumptious recipes:
- Instant Pot Sunday Pot Roast
- Easiest Instant Pot Meatballs
- Instant Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup
- Stuffed Peppers in the Instant Pot
- Instant Pot Beef Goulash
How to make Instant Pot Pork Chops with Gravy
Instant Pot Pork Chops with Gravy
- Pat pork chops dry and lightly season with salt, to taste. Set aside.
- Press "sauté" function on the Instant Pot and add oil to coat the bottom on the pot.
- When oil is hot, add pork chops (you may have to do this in batches) and sear on each side for about 3-5 minutes.
- Place all the seared pork chops back in the Instant Pot. Sprinkle onion soup mix over the pork chops.
- Add cream of mushroom soup over the top of the pork chops and then the ranch mix over top of the soup (no need to stir in-- you can stir it in after they are done cooking).
- Pour 1 cup water around the sides (this will make it easier for the IP to steam up and seal), place the lid on the Instant Pot and set tab to "sealing".
- Press "manual" and set for high pressure for 30 minutes then allow to slow release for 10 minutes.
- Do a quick release and remove lid. Remove pork chops from Instant Pot and set aside.
- Using a whisk, stir together the sauce in the Instant Pot, forming a gravy. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Spoon gravy over pork chops and serve with rice or potatoes.