With just a few ingredients, you can make this Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet. It is a delicious and quick meal to feed your whole family!
Spanish Chicken and Rice
Jared and I were trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight but had very few ingredients in our pantry and fridge.
We made up this Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet with the few ingredients we had.
Needless to say, it was a quick, easy, and tasty meal!
Fresh and Delicious
When you’re in the mood for a meal that really hits the spot, you want something fresh and flavorful. Plus a little something to keep you tastebuds entertained. That’s what you get when you toss a few simple ingredients into a skillet and create this Spanish Chicken and Rice dish. Plus, cooking it all in one skillet means less cleanup. So whoever is in charge of dishes at your house will love this recipe even more.
The combination of lime, cilantro and salsa balances out the chicken, rice, beans and corn. Lively color and flavor at its finest!
South of the Border Sensations
This Spanish Chicken and Rice is not the only south of the border sensation you might want to taste. Check out these other recipes to tantalize your tastebuds.
- Grilled Carne Asada Burritos is a favorite among Mexican dishes. The Carne Asada is so versatile. You can use it in so many entrees.
- Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef is another way to add hearty, Mexican flavor to a wide variety of meals.
- Mexican Lasagne is a layered dish filled with some of your favorite Mexican flavors.
- Steak Fajita Bowls puts all the tender meat, crisp vegetables and rice into a single bowl.
How to make Spanish Chicken and Rice
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning to taste.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken.
- When chicken is white on all sides, drain off excess oil. Add salsa, corn, and black beans to skillet.
- Stir and cook about 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle the Spanish rice over the chicken and add water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Squeeze juice of 1/2 lime over the dish. Use remaining lime to garnish the dish. Sprinkle cilantro on top before serving.