This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
With just a few ingredients, you can make this Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet. It is a delicious and quick meal to feed your whole family!
Table of Contents
Jared and I were trying to figure out what to make for dinner tonight but had very few ingredients in our pantry and fridge. We made up this Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet with the few ingredients we had. Needless to say, it was a quick, easy, and tasty meal! We especially love that is is a one pot meal!
Ingredients in Spanish Chicken and Rice
- Boneless Chicken Breasts – you can also use chicken thighs or even bone-in chicken.
- Taco Seasoning – you can make your own taco seasoning with chili powder, cumin, cornstarch, paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, salt, pepper, oregano, and red pepper flakes
- Kosher Salt and Black Pepper
- Black Beans
- Knorr Spanish Rice
- Water – you can also use chicken broth to make your Spanish Chicken and Rice even more flavorful.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Fresh Cilantro
- Optional Add-ins: sour cream, diced tomatoes, black or green olives, bell peppers, Spanish chorizo sausage, frozen peas, or cayenne pepper for a little extra spice.
Fresh and Delicious
When you’re in the mood for a meal that really hits the spot, you want something fresh and flavorful. Plus a little something to keep you tastebuds entertained. That’s what you get when you toss a few simple ingredients into a skillet and create this Spanish Chicken and Rice dish. Plus, cooking it all in one skillet means less cleanup. So whoever is in charge of dishes at your house will love this recipe even more. The combination of lime, cilantro and salsa balances out the chicken, rice, beans and corn. Lively color and flavor at its finest!
5-Star Ratings from our Readers
“The easiest meal to make for a busy night! The whole family devoured it!”
“This makes the perfect weeknight family meal!”
“I made it tonight & it was so easy & so yummy.”
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes! Because everything gets heated to 165 degrees or higher, it is totally safe to cook everything in the same pan.
You could serve this dish with a side salad or roasted vegetables for a delicious and filling meal.
Store leftovers in the fridge in an airtight container.
South of the Border Sensations
This Spanish Chicken and Rice is not the only south of the border sensation you might want to taste. Check out these other recipes to tantalize your tastebuds.
- Grilled Carne Asada Burritos is a favorite among Mexican dishes. The Carne Asada is so versatile. You can use it in so many entrees.
- Crock Pot Mexican Shredded Beef is another way to add hearty, Mexican flavor to a wide variety of meals.
- Mexican Lasagne is a layered dish filled with some of your favorite Mexican flavors.
- Steak Fajita Bowls puts all the tender meat, crisp vegetables and rice into a single bowl.
How to Make One-Pot Spanish Chicken and Rice
Spanish Chicken and Rice Skillet
- Season chicken with salt, pepper, and taco seasoning to taste.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and add chicken.
- When chicken is white on all sides, drain off excess oil. Add salsa, corn, and black beans to skillet.
- Stir and cook about 2-3 minutes, then sprinkle the Spanish rice over the chicken and add water.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to simmer, cover, and cook for about 20 minutes.
- Stir in cheese.
- Squeeze juice of ½ lime over the dish. Use remaining lime to garnish the dish. Sprinkle cilantro on top before serving.
- Make your own taco seasoning with our recipe.
- Use chicken broth instead of water for a more flavorful dish.
- Optional add-ins: sour cream, diced tomatoes, olives, bell peppers
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.