These Steak Fajita Bowls are like a fajita but in a tasty rice bowl. A perfect dinner made of tender steak and sautéed veggies over a bed of Spanish rice.
These steak fajita bowls are ridiculously easy and delicious. You can slice up the steak and prepare the marinade in the morning, and then your dinner is already half done! The steak is flavorful and tender after marinating all day. Our family loves it!
- 1 Lb. steak sliced (top round steak works great)
- 1 can diced green chilies
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1/2 c. beef broth
- 1 pkg fajita seasoning divided
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- 1 onion thinly sliced
- 1/2 green bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1/2 red bell pepper thinly sliced
- 1 pkg Spanish rice I used the Knorr Fiesta sides
- 14 oz beans drained and rinsed (pinto or black.. it's your choice)
- 4 Flour tortilla shells
- avocado optional
- shredded cheese optional
- Slice steak into thin strips. Place steak strips, chilies, garlic, beef broth, and 1 Tbsp. fajita seasoning in a large plastic Ziploc bag. Press all the air out and let marinade for at least 1 hour. Heat vegetable oil in large skillet.
- Drain some of the marinade (you don't need to drain it all out, you still want most of the chilies in with the steak) and add steak to skillet. Stir-fry until brown and cooked through. Stir in remaining fajita mix. Add onion and peppers. Prepare Spanish rice according to package directions. Add beans and stir together with rice until hot. Prepare bowls by placing a tortilla inside of the bowl. Add rice/bean mixture to bowl. Add steak and peppers/onions. Top with sliced avocado and/or cheese.