Mud Pie is the best dessert ever! Creamy layers of sweetened cream cheese, chocolate pudding, and whipped cream top a crunchy and buttery crust.
I love this mud pie recipe, it is pretty simple and can be altered how ever you like it. The combination of the buttery crust, the cream cheese layer, the cream pudding, and fluffy whipped topping make this a dessert that is absolutely to die for!
We like making this dessert during the summertime because is it cool and refreshing. It is also SUPER easy to make and easily feeds 12-15 people. If you are making for a picnic or planning on transporting this mud pie, it is easiest to wait to cut it until ready to serve.
Additions & Substitutions:
The chocolate pudding layer can be easily swapped out for any other kind of pudding flavor. We have made it with pistachio pudding before and it is wonderful! You can also use butterscotch, cookies and cream, chocolate mint, or even just plain vanilla. If you are looking to add a little something to the top, you can add crushed up candy bar or chopped pecans/walnuts.
More recipes like this one:
- Frozen Banana Split Dessert: This Frozen Banana Split Dessert is the perfect ice cream treat. A graham cracker crust layered with bananas, ice cream, fudge, peanuts, and whipped cream!
- Blueberry Jell-O Salad: This blueberry Jell-O salad recipe is a fun variation from the original Jell-O salad. It’s the perfect side for picnics, parties, and barbecues.
- Cinnamon Swirl Cake: This Cinnamon Swirl Cake is one of my favorite desserts because it’s quick, easy and so yummy! It’s like a cinnamon roll in a cake, end everyone loves it!
- Chocolate Pudding Cake: This Chocolate Pudding Cake is probably the easiest chocolate cake recipe out there. There are only 4 ingredients! It is also one of the best tasting chocolate cakes I have ever had.
- Check out ALL of our DESSERTS HERE!