Strawberries and Cream Cake is a great summer dessert, loaded with fresh strawberries in both the cake and frosting! Perfect for a family get together.
This Strawberries and Cream Cake is a great summer recipe to enjoy those fresh strawberries. Perfect for a 4th of July picnic, potluck or family get together. This cake is SO easy to whip up and it is always a crowd pleaser. Even my husband who doesn’t really like fruity cakes LOVED this one! The frosting is light and creamy and brings out all that fresh strawberry deliciousness!! You could easily change it from strawberries and cream cake to raspberries or blackberries too for another tasty version.
I don’t know about you but for the summertime, I usually prefer fruit to chocolate. I like to save up my chocolate binging days for the winter when I am stuck at home and I can dig in without having to worry about fitting into a swimsuit the next day. This dessert is so light and refreshing, especially when chilled. This cake is absolutely foolproof. It always turns out perfect. Never dry. It even tastes great (see: better) the next day.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place strawberries in blender and puree well. (One regular size package of fresh strawberries was about right for both the cake and frosting!)
- Combine cake mix and strawberry gelatin in large bowl. Mix in 1 c. blended strawberries, oil and buttermilk. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each.
- Pour into a 9x13 inch pan lined with cooking spray. Bake for 30-35 minutes until toothpick comes out clean. Remove from oven and cool completely before frosting.
- Frosting: Mix together cream cheese and 3/4 c. blended strawberries until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar. Mix well.
- Fold in cool whip.
- Pour over cooled cake.
- Garnish with additional fresh strawberries if desired.
- Refrigerate 1 hour before serving.
Looking for more tasty summer desserts like this Strawberries and Cream Cake? Try these!
- Slow Cooker Peach Crisp: Want a warm dessert without having to heat up the house? This is the perfect solution. This peach crisp is SUPER easy to make and you don’t have to turn on a hot oven. Just throw it all in the crock pot and forget about it. Tastes best a la mode!
- Raspberry Almond Fudge Ice Cream Cake: What do you get when you combine fruit, chocolate, ice cream, and a touch of almond? Pretty much the most amazing Summer dessert ever. Everything that makes a delicious, refreshing Summer dessert all in one easy recipe.
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie: We had this ice cream pie all the time growing up. It is so easy to make and as kids, we LOVED it. We all loved pink lemonade when we were kids (still do) and this was just like Pink Lemonade but in ice cream form and served like pie. WIN. WIN. The sweet and tangy flavors taste just like Summertime – if Summertime had a taste.
- Orange Pineapple Cake: This is another favorite fruity cake but instead of the highlight being berries, this has a more citrus, island-y twist. This is a great one for any island-themed summer parties. So so easy to make and deliciously refreshing.
- Hawaiian Wedding Cake: OK this is called Hawaiian wedding cake but I am 100% sure that no one has had this for their wedding cake in Hawaii. Maybe as a side dish cake? I don’t know. This is another great cake for an island summer party. Light, refreshing, and cool (as in, chilled).
- Raspberry Lemon Cake: This cake is a little bit berry, a little bit citrus. Reminds me of a raspberry lemonade in cake form! Whenever we make this cake for potlucks it ALWAYS gets polished.