This Cinnamon Swirl Cake is one of my favorite desserts because it’s quick, easy and so yummy! It’s like a cinnamon roll in a cake, end everyone loves it!
I got this Cinnamon Swirl Cake recipe from my friend Lesa almost 20 years ago when we were in college and have been making it ever since. Definitely one of my favorite desserts because it’s quick, easy and so yummy! Like a cinnamon roll in a cake! You can’t lose! Every time I make this for a crowd I have people begging for this recipe. I was pretty much swatting my kids away with a stick just so I could take the picture. Not even kidding, within 2 minutes of this picture being taken this cake was inhaled…. by me.
The frosting on top is to die for, not to mention the delicious cinnamon crumble on top and throughout. This is perfect for those lazy days when you want a cinnamon roll but don’t want to have to wait around waiting for them to rise. This is also much better for groups because it is SO easy to make and you can portion out the pieces more easily. You have GOT to give this cake a try– especially if you love cinnamon rolls. You will be in heaven!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Spray 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
- Prepare white cake mix according to package directions.
- In separate bowl, combine cinnamon, graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar. Stir until combined and crumbly.
- Pour half of the cake batter into pan. Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over batter, then run a knife through it to swirl. Repeat using remaining cake batter and cinnamon mixture.
- Bake according to cake package directions.
- Frosting: Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
- Spread over cooled cake.
- Optional garnish: Reserve a little cinnamon mixture to sprinkle over cake. I usually don't do this, I like it all INSIDE the cake, but since it's that way in the picture I thought I better mention it!
- **I love to serve this cake while still slightly warm!
If you like this recipe, be sure to check out more of our recipes like it!
- Lion House Cinnamon Rolls: The actual recipe from the Lion House Pantry in Salt Lake City.
- Peaches and Cream Cinnamon Rolls: Cinnamon rolls with a summer-y twist! If you like peaches and cream, you are going to LOVE these cinnamon rolls!
- Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls: Everything you love about Fall rolled up into a delicious cinnamon roll and slathered with a delicious caramel frosting.
- Devin’s Dutch Oven Cinnamon Rolls: Baking for a crowd? Looking for a dessert for camping? Save the mess in your kitchen and try our brother’s famous Dutch oven cinnamon rolls!