This Cinnamon Swirl Cake is like a cinnamon roll in cake form. A cinnamon crumble is swirled through a white cake with cream cheese frosting on top.
This Cinnamon Swirl Cake is one of my favorite desserts. It is quick and easy to make and everyone loves it! I got this Cinnamon Swirl Cake recipe from my friend Lesa almost 20 years ago when we were in college and have been making it ever since. The graham cracker, cinnamon and brown sugar mixture is swirled throughout the cake. The mixture is similar to a streusel crumb topping. The graham cracker crumbs give it a great flavor and texture.
Every time I make this for a crowd I have people begging for this recipe. I was pretty much swatting my kids away with a stick just so I could take the picture. Not even kidding, within 2 minutes of this picture being taken this cake was inhaled…. by me.
The frosting on top is to die for, not to mention the delicious cinnamon crumble on top and throughout. This is perfect for those lazy days when you want a cinnamon roll but don’t want to have to wait around waiting for them to rise. This is also much better for groups because it is SO easy to make and you can portion out the pieces more easily. You have GOT to give this cake a try, especially if you love cinnamon rolls. You will be in heaven!
Don’t miss our quick tutorial video!
Cinnamon Swirl Cake
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Spray 9x13 inch pan with cooking spray.
Prepare white cake mix according to package directions.
In separate bowl, combine cinnamon, graham cracker crumbs, butter and brown sugar.
Stir until combined and crumbly.
Pour half of the cake batter into pan.
Sprinkle half of the cinnamon mixture over batter, then run a knife through it to swirl.
Repeat using remaining cake batter and cinnamon mixture.
Bake according to cake package directions.
Frosting: Beat together cream cheese, butter and vanilla. Slowly add powdered sugar until desired consistency.
Spread over cooled cake.
Optional garnish: Reserve a little cinnamon mixture to sprinkle over cake. I usually don't do this, I like it all INSIDE the cake, but since it's that way in the picture I thought I better mention it!
More Yummy Cake Recipes!
If you love cake you are in the right place! Check out some of our favorite cake recipes that make the perfect dessert for any occasion.
- Strawberries and Cream Cake– Strawberries and Cream Cake is a great summer dessert, loaded with fresh strawberries in both the cake and frosting! Perfect for a family get together.
- Better Than “You Know What” Cake – Turn a basic chocolate cake mix into a decadent chocolate desert with a sweet caramel filling and topped with toffee bar pieces.
- Chocolate Chocolate Chip Nothing Bundt Cake Copycat– Our copycat version of Nothing Bundt Cake’s Chocolate Chocolate Chip Bundt Cake is a MUST TRY! It is one of our most popular recipes for a good reason.
- Carnival Cruise Warm Melting Cake– Have you tried the Carnival Cruise Line Warm Chocolate Melting Cake? If you’ve been on a Carnival Cruise, you know how amazing it is. If not, you can indulge in this decadent chocolate melting cake at home.
- Flourless Chocolate Cake– This Flourless Chocolate Cake is by far the easiest version I have ever made and it tastes just as good as more difficult recipes. It is light and decadent and has a rich chocolate flavor. And spread over the top is a silky smooth chocolate ganache.
- Chocolate Pudding Cake– This Chocolate Pudding Cake is probably the easiest chocolate cake recipe out there. There are only 4 ingredients!
- Orange Pineapple Cake– Orange Pineapple cake is a light, fruity cake with an island flair. You will love the delicious whipped creamy topping! Perfect for potlucks and parties!
- Coconut Cream Cake with Coconut Frosting– This Coconut Cream Cake is a coconut lovers dream! It is a coconut infused cake, with a rich and creamy coconut cream cheese frosting, sprinkled with even more toasted coconut.