This Frozen Banana Split Dessert is the perfect ice cream treat. A graham cracker crust layered with bananas, ice cream, fudge, peanuts, and whipped cream!
This Frozen Banana Split Dessert is the perfect recipe if you are feeding a crowd. It is easy to make and inexpensive when you consider one recipe makes up to 24 servings. I love frozen dessert recipes like this that can be easily cut and served. It can be made days ahead because it keeps so well in the freezer.
My daughter turned 21 a few days ago, and we were having a big family dinner to celebrate. I thought after 20 years of cake, she might like something a little different. I dug through my treasured book of recipes to see if I could find a fun idea for dessert. It is an old 3-ring binder full of recipes clipped from newspapers, magazines, and handwritten on 3 x 5 cards and scraps of paper. These recipes are taped, stapled, glued, and torn, but, they are well-used and loved. Do you have one of those at your house too? I came across this recipe and thought I would give it a try in place of a birthday cake. It turned out great! It really was like eating a bite of a banana split or ice cream sundae, and because it was frozen, the birthday candle stayed right in place.
When I made this recipe for my daughter, I stuck to the ingredients in the original recipe. Next time I will get a little more creative and try sliced strawberries in addition to the bananas and maybe a caramel layer as well. You can probably swap out the bananas for strawberries or any other kind of berry for that matter. You can add or take away whatever you would like, according to your family’s tastes.
- Cover bottom of 11x15 pan with 3 cups of graham cracker crumbs.
- Layer sliced bananas over crumbs.
- Slice ice cream 1/2 inch thick and place over bananas
- Sprinkle peanuts over ice cream
- Freeze until firm
- In a saucepan, melt chocolate chips and butter over medium heat
- Add powdered sugar and evaporated milk
- Cook until mixture thickens, stirring constantly
- Remove from heat and add vanilla
- Let chocolate mixture cool, then pour over ice cream
- Spread whipped topping over the chocolate layer and sprinkle with remaining graham cracker crumbs
- Freeze until ready to serve
- 11x15 inch pan
More Summer Dessert Ideas:
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie: This Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie is the easiest dessert with only 3 ingredients! It’s tart and cold and creamy and always a favorite.
- White Chocolate Raspberry Fried Ice Cream:White Chocolate Raspberry Fried Ice Cream is actually not fried at all! This delicious dessert is a chilled creamy treat with a sweet crunchy topping.
- Mile High Asphalt Pie (Winger’s Copycat):This Mile High Asphalt Pie (Winger’s Copycat) is AMAZING! The chocolate mint ice cream drizzled with caramel and sprinkled with cookies is to die for!