These Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars are heavenly, or maybe I should say sinful. I love the mix of lime and coconut and the tart and sweet taste you get in every bite!
Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars
Words cannot describe how good these Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars are! You have to try them for yourself! There is no way you can eat just one. If you loved our coconut cake recipe, you’ve got to try these!
Because so many viewers have had trouble finding a sugar cookie mix that works, we have added an option for a homemade sugar cookie crust. This crust recipe works great with these Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars. It holds together well, has a great sugar cookie flavor, and is easy to cut and serve. Make sure you spray the pan with non-stick spray!
This recipe also works great with a graham cracker crust which is only 3 ingredients: 3 cups finely ground graham cracker crumbs, 2/3 cup sugar, and 6 tablespoons butter. Mix all the ingredients together and press in a 9×13 pan. Bake at 375 degrees for 7 minutes and let cool about 15 minutes before adding the filling. The graham cracker crust is good, but, if you are making these for the first time, I recommend the homemade sugar cookie crust.
Word to the Wise
Another tip when you are making these — don’t confuse cream of coconut for coconut milk or coconut cream, or you will be sad when these don’t turn out. Cream of coconut is thick and creamy. It is found near the alcoholic drink mixers at the grocery store (it is not alcoholic). It is used for pina coladas and other tropical drinks.
More Cheesecake, Please
If you just can’t get enough cheesecake in your life, we have you covered. You will definitely want to try our Pumpkin Cheesecake if you are a lover of all things fall. In summer these Triple Berry Cheesecake Bites are all the rage. And anytime is a good time for our Caramel Apple Cheesecake Bars.
How To Make Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars
- Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray bottom and sides of 9x13 pan with cooking spray.
- For Sugar Cookie Mix Crust:
- In large bowl, combine crust ingredients until soft dough forms. Press evenly into bottom of pan. Bake 10-12 minutes or until just lightly brown. Cool 15 minutes.
For Homemade Crust:
- Blend butter and sugar together, add yolks. Mix in the flour and salt gradually. The mix will be crumbly. Press evenly into the bottom of pan. Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes. Cool 15 minutes.
Filling and Frosting:
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat cream cheese for 1 minute. Slowly add cream of coconut until well blended. Stir in lime juice and coconut extract. Add eggs, one at a time, until smooth. Spread over cookie crust. Bake 40-45 minutes or until set and golden brown around edges. Cool 20 minutes at room temperate, then refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In another bowl, blend together cream cheese and butter until fluffy. Add coconut extract and lime juice. Slowly add powdered sugar until well blended. Carefully spread frosting over cheesecake layer. Sprinkle with toasted coconut and lime peel. Refrigerate 30 minutes before cutting into bars. Store in refrigerator.
- 9x13 inch pan
These Coconut Lime Cheesecake Bars are heavenly, or maybe I should say sinful. There is no way you can eat just one! If you loved our coconut cake recipe, you’ve got to try these!