Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza has rich flavors of Autumn on a flatbread pizza! Tasty butternut squash,kale and bacon with lots of tangy cheese. YUM!
Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza
This Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza is the pizza of the Fall season in our house. Buttery garlic flatbread is topped with melted mozzarella cheese, crispy bacon, little bits of cooked kale, roasted butternut squash, and a sprinkling of Parmesan. Is your mouth watering yet? This flatbread pizza may look super fancy but it’s completely simple to make! Serve with a simple side salad or some homemade bread sticks and you have a warm, nourishing, flavorful meal that is best served in front of a roaring fire on a chilly Fall evening.
Suggestions and Tips for Butternut Squash Pizza
- This yummy pizza is great as a main dish but can also be cut into squares for a colorful fall appetizer.
- My biggest cheat for making this simple pizza naan bread. Naan bread is a very yummy Indian flatbread that you can find at most grocery stores. I have found it at Costco and all my local grocery stores. It is usually refrigerated. It makes a great base for flatbread pizzas, and they are the perfect size for individual servings.
- We brush our pizzas with some garlic butter and opted out of using a sauce. But if you like your pizza a little more saucy, Alfredo sauce makes a great base for these.
- For more flavor and texture, add grilled onions to your pizza.
More Delicious Pizza Recipes
With all these yummy pizza recipe ideas, you’ll never call for take out again! Try some of our favorites:
- Healthy Pizza (only 350 calories)
- Mediterranean Flatbread Pizza
- Turkey Bacon Avocado Pizza
- French Bread Pizza
- Gino’s Deep Dish Chicago Style Pizza Copycat
- Homemade Pizza Dough
- Grilled Pesto Pizzas
How to Make Roasted Butternut Squash Pizza
- Place the pre-cut butternut squash squares on a roasting pan lined with cooking spray. Bake at 375 for 20 to 30 minutes, or until it starts to soften and look roasted along the edges (watch it close, it could take longer or shorter depending on the size the squares are cut).
- In a small fry pan with a drop of oil, sauté the kale pieces until they soften slightly and turn a vibrant green color.
- In a small dish, melt together the butter and garlic in the microwave for about 45 seconds.
- Place individual flatbreads on a cookie sheet, and brush each flatbread with the melted garlic butter. Sprinkle on a layer of mozzarella then top that with crumbled bacon, cooked kale pieces, roasted butternut squash, and then a sprinkling of parmesan cheese over everything.
- Bake at 375, just until cheese melts. It should only take about 5 to 10 minutes.