Salted caramel pie might just be your new favorite dessert, especially if you love salted caramel chocolates (and who doesn’t!?). The combination of rich chocolate, buttery caramel, and sea salt is irresistible.
Salted Caramel Pie
My husband is not a big dessert person, but he loves candy and chocolates. This pie is perfect for him because it isn’t fluffy, or cream-filled, or fruity. Just rich, chocolate, caramel goodness.
The bottom layer is an Oreo pie crust filled with caramel and topped with a chocolate ganache then sprinkled with a little sea salt. You are going to love the ganache layer, I have a cheat that makes this layer so incredibly easy to make. You will be putting it on everything!
What ingredients are in a salted caramel pie?
Making this pie is simple! You only need a few ingredients—here’s what to buy:
- A pre-made Oreo pie crust – you could try to make your own, but buying one from the grocery store is so much easier!
- 75 wrapped caramels – to be honest, unwrapping these may be the hardest part of making the entire pie. This is a good job for tiny, nimble hands! Have your kids wash up and task them with this part.
- heavy cream
- sea salt
- semi-sweet chocolate chips
What Our Readers Say
Still on the fence? Here’s what some of our readers have had to say about this salted caramel pie recipe.
“That’s what I call a dessert! The proportion crust: caramel: chocolate topping is PERFECT and I am seriously drooling over this!” – Denisse
“I think I’ve died and gone to heaven – is this real?! So so good!!!” – Ashley
“Wow, such a nice pie recipe. And no baking nor cooking (other than some microwave, but that doesn’t count) is involved! You are such a genius. Thanks for sharing. ” – Anita
More Easy Pie Recipes
- Chocolate Satin Pie
- Dutch Apple Pie
- Easy Key Lime Pie
- Island Pecan Pie
- Peach Pie
- Pink Lemonade Ice Cream Pie
- Sour Cream Lemon Pie
- Hula Pie
How to Make Salted Caramel Pie
- Unwrap the caramels into a medium size, microwave safe bowl. Add the cream and salt to the caramels and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time.
- When the caramel is melted together and smooth, pour it into the Oreo pie crust and let it cool completely at room temperature. (I let mine cool overnight).
- Once the caramel has set you can make the ganache. In a microwave safe bowl add the 1/2 c. heavy cream and microwave on high for about 1 and 1/2 minutes, or until the cream just begins to boil on the edges of the bowl.
- Remove and immediately add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips completely melt and are all stirred in- leaving a creamy chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate over the caramel and let sit at room temperature for a few hours until the chocolate sets up.
- Before serving, sprinkle each slice of pie with a little sea salt.