If you love salted caramel chocolates, then this Salted Caramel Pie is going to be your new favorite pie. The combination of caramel with sea salt is irresistible!
My husband is not a big dessert person, but he loves candy and chocolates, this pie is perfect for him because it isn’t fluffy, or cream filled, or fruity. Just rich, chocolate, caramel goodness. We get stuck in a rut with the same pies at Thanksgiving so I wanted to try out a few new ones to throw into the mix this year. Next week I will be sharing a delicious Butterscotch Pie. Both pies were amazing and will definitely be added to the menu this year.
The bottom layer is an Oreo pie crust filled with caramel and topped with a chocolate ganache then sprinkled with a little sea salt. You are going to love the ganache layer, I have a cheat that makes this layer so incredibly easy to make. You will be putting it on everything! The hardest thing about this pie is unwrapping the caramels, it is so easy to put together! I had my kids wash their hands and help me unwrap the caramels and even that went pretty fast. Also, be sure to give the pie plenty of time to set up after preparing.
- Unwrap the caramels into a medium size, microwave safe bowl. Add the cream and salt to the caramels and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring each time.
- When the caramel is melted together and smooth, pour it into the Oreo pie crust and let it cool completely at room temperature. (I let mine cool overnight).
- Once the caramel has set you can make the ganache. In a microwave safe bowl add the 1/2 c. heavy cream and microwave on high for about 1 and 1/2 minutes, or until the cream just begins to boil on the edges of the bowl.
- Remove and immediately add the chocolate chips. Stir until the chocolate chips completely melt and are all stirred in- leaving a creamy chocolate.
- Pour the chocolate over the caramel and let sit at room temperature for a few hours until the chocolate sets up.
- Before serving, sprinkle each slice of pie with a little sea salt.