It’s time to mix it up this Thanksgiving and try this Butterscotch Pie, believe me, you will not regret it! This creamy butterscotch filling is spread into a flaky pie crust and drizzled with butterscotch topping then sprinkled with butterscotch chips. It’s basically a butterscotch lovers dream.
I have been a big fan of butterscotch ever since I was young. It is still my favorite pudding flavor. I thought that I had died and gone to heaven when I tried Harry Potter Butterbeer for the first time at Universal Studios in Orlando a few months ago. Oh, how I want to go back and get another one. But for now, this pie will do just fine!
- prepared and COOKED pie crust store bought or recipe HERE
- 1 1/2 c. brown sugar
- 1/2 c. flour
- 1 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 1 tsp. kosher salt
- 4 c. milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 3 Tbsp. butter sofftened
- 2 tsp. vanilla
- butterscotch chips
- butterscotch topping store bought or recipe HERE
- In a large sauce pan, not over heat, combine the sugar, flour, cornstarch, and salt. Gradually add the milk until it's completely combined and smooth. Cook over medium heat until mixture thickens, then remove from heat.
- In a separate bowl whisk together the egg yolks lightly, add a few spoonfulls of the hot mixture from the stove and whisk together till smooth. Add the egg yolk mix to the rest of the hot mixture. Also add the butter and vanilla and thoroughly combine.
- Cool the mix completely in the fridge. When ready to eat, pour the mixture into a pre-cooked pie shell, drizzle with butterscotch topping, and sprinkle with butterscotch chips. Optional- top with whipped topping.