This Pecan Pie is INCREDIBLE. I love the nutty, brown sugar taste of pecan pie and brown butter is the perfect addition!
If you’ve never tried brown butter before, you are MISSING OUT. The first time I had it was on pasta that my roommate made my freshman year of college. One bite and I was HOOKED. You can find the recipe for that pasta HERE.
The best part is that brown butter is so easy to make and yet it adds so much flavor! This pecan pie is really easy to make and you probably have most of the ingredients on hand. Pecan pie is perfect for when you aren’t craving fruit or chocolate…it is sort of in between. The baking time for pecan pie can vary depending on your oven. Usually 40-50 minutes will do the trick. If the crust looks like it’s getting too brown, but the filling isn’t quite set up, cover the outer edge of the pie with foil.
Top It Off
This pie goes great with whipped cream or vanilla ice cream. Try it with our homemade vanilla ice cream for a real treat! I used chopped pecans because that is what I had on hand, but you can also use whole pecan halves. You can also make your own pie crust — or try our Perfect Pie Crust recipe.
More Delicious Pie Recipes from Favorite Family Recipes
- Coconut Cream Pie – Coconut Cream Pie is a dreamy island dessert with a flaky crust, coconut filling that is made from scratch, and toasted coconut sprinkles.
- Creamy Lemon Pie – This Creamy Lemon Pie is packed full of tart, lemon flavor and creamy goodness. This recipe is super easy to make and is always a crowd pleaser!
- Butterscotch Pie – This creamy butterscotch filling is spread into a flaky pie crust and drizzled with butterscotch topping then sprinkled with butterscotch chips. It’s basically a butterscotch lovers dream.
- German Chocolate Pie – This pie recipe comes straight from Amish country. The rich, gooey, chocolate filling is to die for!
- Key Lime Pie – Straight from Savannah, Georgia, this pie is smooth and creamy with the perfect blend of tart and sweet.
How To Make Pecan Pie
Brown Butter Pecan Pie
- 1 frozen pre-made pie crust
- 2 cups pecans roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup butter
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup light Karo syrup
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- Whipped cream optional
- Bring pie crust to room temperature by putting it out on the counter for about 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350.
- In a small saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat. Once butter is melted, continue to cook it over medium heat until it turns golden brown. Remove from heat and set aside.
- Grease a 9-inch pie pan and press the thawed pie crust into the pan.
- Pour the chopped pecans evenly over the pie crust.
- In a large bowl, mix eggs, Karo syrup, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, and cinnamon. Stir until combined. Add browned butter.
- Pour the mixture evenly over the pecans.
- Bake for 40-50 minutes, or until filling has set up. If the crust looks like it's cooking too fast, cover it with foil.
- Let cool completely before serving. Serve with whipped cream.