Zesty Italian Dressing Chicken is a yummy recipe you can put in the crock pot hours earlier then make into a fast and delicious meal!
Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Dressing Chicken
This Italian Dressing Chicken is one of those great recipes you can make up in a flash. While it cooks the flavors all come together and make the chicken taste amazing! When it is ready the chicken easily shreds up, you add a couple of ingredients, and you have a zesty creamy chicken sauce that you can eat over noodles or rice. Not only was my husband crazy about this, my kids love it too! You can’t beat a slow cooked meal that is easy, delicious, and family friendly! I like to put it in the crock pot before work or church. There is nothing better than walking into the house and smelling the Italian seasoning and creamy, chicken aroma wafting through air.
What to Serve on the Side
If you’re looking for a great way to round out this delicious slow cooker meal, there are several options. Generally with a chicken and rice or chicken and pasta dish (this tastes great over either) something simple like steamed or roasted broccoli is great. Something about this dish makes me want green veggies. Try our Oven Roasted Green Beans to mix things up. Asparagus makes an excellent complement to this meal as well. Or go for a little bit of everything with our Oven Roasted Vegetables.
Other Great Slow Cooker Recipes
If you like the idea of putting dinner in the crockpot and enjoying a stress-free evening, here are some other delicious recipes to try.
- Slow Cooker Chicken and Rice Soup is hearty vegetables and warm, soothing chicken soup in one. Definitely falls into the “comfort food” category.
- Ham with Maple Brown Sugar is a slow cooker version of this classic tasty meal. Always popular around the holidays, but you don’t have to wait to try this one.
- Slow Cooker Lasagna is all the flavor of your favorite Italian meal, with the convenience of a slow cooker doing the work. Done and delicious by dinnertime.
- Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty way to warm up in the colder weather and a yummy, easy way to feed your whole family.
How to make Slow Cooker Zesty Italian Dressing Chicken
Slow Cooker Zesty Dressing Shredded Chicken
- Crock Pot Slow Cooker
- 4 chicken breasts frozen is ok
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 pkg Italian dressing mix (Good Seasons), dry*
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- Combine chicken, broth, butter and dressing mix in crock pot and cook on high for 3 1/2 to 4 hours. Chicken should shred into small pieces.
- Add remaining ingredients and cook on high for another half an hour. Add milk or heavy cream to thin the sauce if it’s too thick. Serve over noodles or rice.
- *Today we had all the ingredients to make this dish EXCEPT for the dry Good Seasons Italian Dressing Mix. We didn't want to go to the store, so we made our own mix, it turned out great! Here is what we used:
- -3 tsp. Montreal Chicken seasoning (if you don't have this, you can mix together a little salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper together.. and maybe even a dash red pepper flakes)
- -2 tsp sugar
- /4 tsp. oregano
- /2 tsp. lemon pepper