If you love cheesy, delicious Italian food with no hassle, this slow cooker lasagna is the perfect dish to try.
Slow Cooker Lasagna
Cheesy and perfectly seasoned this Slow Cooker Lasagna recipe is not only delicious, it is definitely the easiest way to make lasagna. You don’t have to boil the lasagna noodles ahead of time and deal with wet, sticky noodles. They cook in the sauce and come out perfectly every time — not crunchy and not too soft.
Tricks of the Trade
There is a tip I would suggest when making this lasagna. I have had several slow cookers through the years, and they all seem to have a “hot spot” where the food cooks faster and can burn. This tends to happen with dense dishes, like this lasagna or other casserole type dishes. It’s not the end of the world if this happens, but it can be prevented. I learned this trick from Karen at 365 Days of Slow Cooking. Layer and fold sheets of heavy-duty foil until you have a six-layer foil rectangle. Press the rectangle into the “hot spot” side of the slow cooker insert. The food will help hold the foil in place during cooking. To help with clean-up and to hold the foil rectangle in place, you can also line the entire slow cooker with foil. Keep in mind when making this lasagna that all slow cookers don’t cook the same. This lasagna cooked beautifully in 4 hours on low in my slow cooker, but it may take more or less time depending on the slow cooker.
Other Pasta Dishes To Try
For me, pasta is one of the ultimate comfort foods. One of the great things about it, is how diverse it is. You can make such a wide variety fo pasta dishes with all kinds of flavors, like these:
- Easy Shrimp Alfredo Pasta is creamy, rich and indulgent but ready in minutes!
- Pizza Pasta Salad will be a hit at your next get together. Summertime BBQ or anytime.
- Artichoke Chicken Pasta is so creamy and delicious, you won’t believe how simple it is to throw together.
- Pasta Sausage Bake is a quick meal your family will love.
- Summer Skillet Pasta has no heavy cream, no butter and loads of flavor. The perfect light, summery meal.
How To Make Slow Cooker Lasagna
- Brown ground beef, onion, and garlic in a skillet. Add tomato sauce, tomato paste, salt, and oregano. Cook long enough for the sauce to get warm.
- Spray slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spoon 1/3 of the meat sauce into the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Add a double layer of lasagna noodles, about 1/3 of the package. Break the noodles to fit the inside of the slow cooker and cover the meat sauce.
- Top noodles with 1/3 of the Cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, and Mozzarella cheese.
- Repeat with two more layers of sauce, noodles, and cheeses.
- Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours.
- Makes 10 servings.