This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Zesty Crockpot chicken Alfredo is a yummy recipe that you can put in the crockpot hours earlier, then make into a fast and delicious meal!
Featured with this Recipe
- Ingredients in Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
- Alternative to Cream of Chicken Soup (and Other Substitutions)
- How Long to Cook Chicken Alfredo in the Crockpot
- What to Serve on the Side
- Frequently Asked Questions About Italian Chicken
- Other Great Crockpot Recipes
- How to Make Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
- Zesty Crockpot Chicken Alfredo Recipe
This Crockpot chicken Alfredo is one of those great and easy chicken recipes you can make up in a flash. While it cooks, the flavors all come together and make the chicken taste amazing! When it is ready, the chicken easily shreds up, you add a couple of ingredients, and you have a zesty, creamy chicken sauce that you can eat over noodles or rice. Not only was my husband crazy about this, but my kids loved it too! You can’t beat a slow cooked meal that is easy, delicious, and family friendly! I like to put it in the Crockpot before work or church. There is nothing better than walking into the house and smelling the Italian seasoning and creamy, chicken aroma wafting through the air.
Ingredients in Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
- Chicken breasts – we recommend only using fresh, thawed chicken
- Chicken broth – or chicken stock works great too.
- Package of dry Zesty Italian dressing mix – we like the Good Seasons brand.
- Cream cheese
- Cream of chicken soup – we also have a great cream of chicken soup substitute recipe.
- Optional: Sprinkle some parmesan cheese over the top when serving.
Alternative to Cream of Chicken Soup (and Other Substitutions)
Not a fan of canned cream of chicken soup? No problem! We have a recipe for homemade Cream of Chicken Soup that you can make from scratch! Use 1 ½ cups of the homemade recipe instead of the canned soup. For another healthy option, you can use 3-4 tablespoons of olive oil instead of butter. You can also use 1 cup of half and half or heavy cream instead of cream cheese. If you use half and half, add it at the end of the cooking time, about 30 minutes before serving or you risk it separating.
How Long to Cook Chicken Alfredo in the Crockpot
Making this dish is so simple. Just throw everything in the crockpot and cook on high for 3 ½ to 4 hours. The internal temperature of the chicken should be at least 165 and it should shred into small pieces. Stir until the sauce comes together. Add milk, heavy cream, or chicken broth to thin the sauce if it’s too thick. To serve, pour over pasta or rice.
What to Serve on the Side
If you’re looking for a great way to round out this delicious slow cooker meal, there are several options. Generally, with a chicken and rice or chicken and pasta dish (this tastes great over either) something simple like steamed broccoli or roasted potatoes is great. Though, something about this dish makes me want green veggies. Try our Oven Roasted Green Beans to mix things up. Asparagus makes an excellent complement to this meal as well. Or, go for a little bit of everything with our Oven Roasted Vegetables.
Frequently Asked Questions About Italian Chicken
Yes! Add the cooked chicken in the sauce to an airtight container (not with the rice or noodles). Keep in freezer for up to 4 months. Thaw completely in fridge before re-heating.
This recipe works best if you use a dry mix, not a bottle of Italian Salad Dressing.
Roasted vegetables are a great option as well as a side salad and dinner rolls.
Yes! This dish has 26 grams per serving. It is also a good source of calcium.
This recipe works best in a slow cooker so that the chicken and sauce don’t over cook or burn.
Refrigerate leftovers in an airtight storage container and eat within one week.
Yes, definitely! Chicken thighs may cook a little faster though.
Other Great Crockpot Recipes
If you like the idea of putting dinner in the Crockpot and enjoying a stress-free evening, here are some other delicious recipes to try.
- Crockpot Chicken and Rice Soup is hearty vegetables and warm, soothing chicken soup in one. Definitely falls into the “comfort food” category.
- Ham with Maple Brown Sugar is a slow cooker version of this classic, tasty meal. Always popular around the holidays, but you don’t have to wait to try this one.
- Slow Cooker Lasagna is all the flavor of your favorite Italian meal, with the convenience of a slow cooker doing the work. Done and delicious by dinnertime.
- Crock Pot Vegetable Beef Soup is a hearty way to warm up in the colder weather and a yummy, easy way to feed your whole family.
How to Make Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
Zesty Crockpot Chicken Alfredo
- Place chicken in the bottom of a Crock Pot.
- Add broth, butter, and dressing mix. Spoon cream cheese and chicken soup over the top. Sprinkle with salt and/or pepper to taste (optional).
- Cover and cook on high for 3 ½ to 4 hours. Chicken should shred into small pieces. Add milk or heavy cream to thin the sauce if it’s too thick.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
Recipe Tips:If you can’t find an Italian Dressing dry mix, it is easy to make your own.
- 3 teaspoons Montreal Chicken seasoning (if you don’t have this, you can mix together a little salt, garlic powder, onion powder, and black pepper together, and maybe even a dash of red pepper flakes)
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 4 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons lemon pepper
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.