Deviled Eggs are a great appetizer or side dish. See our basic recipe plus options for different seasonings.
I love this recipe for Deviled Eggs, it is very easy to adjust for different preferences. I like them hot, but most people don’t. So I make about half of them spicy and the other half I just sprinkle with a little paprika. That way people who aren’t as fond of spice as I am can still enjoy them.
Try the Spicy Kind
I made this Sriracha version of our easy deviled eggs the other day and whoa mama, I don’t think I will ever eat a regular deviled egg again. I love the little kick of heat! I love Sriracha on just about anything and these Sriracha deviled eggs are no exception. You can add Sriracha to these deviled eggs to really ramp up the flavor and add a little bit of heat! I added a little bit of Sriracha in the actual mix, and then squeezed a little more Sriracha over the top of the finished deviled eggs.
Deviled Eggs with Dill
Another option that is really good is adding some finely chopped dill pickle to the egg yolk mix. Serve with some fresh dill sprinkled on top.
More Quick Snacks
Since any of these three kinds of eggs make for a great, filling snack, you may want to sample of these other great snack ideas.
- Original Chex Mix Recipe is great for a family get together, or any time you want everyone to gather around and chat.
- PB & J Energy Bites are packed with protein, a great grab-and-go snack. Plus they taste amazing.
- Ham Roll Ups with Pickle are a family favorite and the easiest thing to make. Try them for an after school snack or appetizer.
How to Make Deviled Eggs
Basic Deviled Egg Recipe
- Sriracha sauce to taste
Hard Boiled Eggs Cooking Methods
- Peel pre-cooked hard boiled eggs and cut in half lengthwise.
- Remove and mash yolks with mayonnaise, mustard, sugar, vinegar, salt and pepper.
- Scoop a little of the mixture and stuff inside egg whites (if you want them to look extra nice, pipe the egg yolk mixture in using a plastic bag with a tip cut off, or use a cake decorating bag and put on a large star-tip).
- Sprinkle deviled egg with paprika.
- Add a little bit of Sriracha in the egg yolk mix, then squeeze a little more Sriracha over the top of the finished deviled eggs.
- Add some finely chopped dill pickle to the egg yolk mix. Serve with chopped fresh dill sprinkled on top.