Spicy Chicken Wraps with a creamy, slightly spicy dressing have just the right crunchy texture and lots of flavor. Easy to pack for lunches or picnics!
Spicy Chicken Wraps
Spicy Chicken Wraps are a favorite to make for a really tasty lunch. They have a delicious creamy, spicy sauce and a delightful crunch from cabbage and peanuts. We take these on picnics because the crunchy cabbage won’t wilt like lettuce, so we will pack a bunch of these wraps up in a cooler and hit the park or the lake. My husband loves packing a couple of the chicken wraps for lunch at work, too. Such a delightful switch up from boring sandwiches.
The Secret’s In the Sauce
Arguably the best part of these chicken wraps is the spicy sauce! Made with just two ingredients, this sauce is spicy, creamy, absolutely mouthwatering. All you need is a block of cream cheese and spicy peanut sauce. You can find it in the Asian foods aisle at your regular grocery store. It’s super spicy, slightly sweet and pairs perfectly with crunchy cabbage, tender chicken and peanuts. If you’re worried about the spice, you can sweeten it up a bit with honey and a squirt of lime, or add a bit more cream cheese. I usually double the batch of this sauce though, because it tastes delicious on just about anything! Use it as a veggie dip, drizzled on salads or as a sauce for chicken.
Tips for Spicy Chicken Wraps
- Once you have the sauce blended, you can store it in the refrigerator for up to a week. Use extra sauce to drizzle on just about anything!
- You can buy roasted red peppers already cooked at the grocery store, but it only takes a couple of minutes to make them under the broiler at home. The smoky, slightly spicy flavor is so delicious!
- Make these wraps ahead of time and store them tightly covered in the refrigerator. They transport really well, so they’re perfect for picnics, potlucks, traveling or camping.
- If you don’t have time to cook your own chicken, grab a rotisserie chicken at the store and shred it up.
- You can use any kind of tortillas you like. Flour burrito size tortillas are what we usually use, but we also love whole wheat or spinach tortillas for extra nutrients.
- You can also add any veggies you like to these wraps. We love shredded carrots, chopped broccoli or bean sprouts.
More Spicy Recipes
Love food with a spicy kick? You will love these delicious recipes:
- Coconut Curry Chicken
- Spicy Shrimp Tacos
- Sweet and Spicy Slow Cooker Meatballs
- Spicy Sausage Pasta
- Cajun Fried Chicken Po Boys
- Grilled Chicken Sandwiches with Spicy Aioli Mayo
- Sweet and Spicy Crock Pot Ribs
How to Make Spicy Chicken Wraps
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream cheese and peanut sauce together until smooth. Then gently stir in the cooked chicken, roasted red peppers, cucumber, and peanuts.
- Refrigerate for about an hour (you don't have to, but I like the mix to set up in the fridge for a little bit) then place some of the chicken mixture on a tortilla and top with coleslaw and roll up into a wrap.