These Thai Fish Tacos were an instant favorite at our house. I came up with this idea the other night when I was in the mood for Thai but I didn’t want anything too heavy. I had stuff for fish tacos on hand and decided to blend the two… Thai fish tacos… why not? They turned out sooo good! I used frozen fish filets but of course you can season fresh fish and pan fry it until cooked through. My kids do better with the battered fish so I went with that– plus it’s easy. Throw it in the oven and you are done. Either way these will be delicious. Shrimp would also be a great option (definitely going to make it with shrimp next time.. YUM)! Don’t be intimidated by the seemingly large ingredient list– chances are you have most of the stuff on hand.
You are just going to love these tacos. They are a great way to jazz up your typical fish tacos and get your Thai fix all at once! Enjoy!
- Cook/bake fish according to package directions until cooked through.
- In a medium-sized bowl, toss cabbage/cole slaw mix and carrot with dressing. Set aside.
- When fish is cooked, coarsely chop into approximately 1" pieces and evenly distribute between 4 tortillas.
- Evenly top each taco with cabbage slaw. Spoon a little peanut sauce over each taco and garnish with cilantro, peanuts and limes. Add more Sriracha for an extra kick if desired.
- In a small bowl, whisk together all dressing ingredients
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, heat chicken broth for about 30 seconds or until very hot. Add remaining ingredients and whisk until smooth.