Two Minute Thai Peanut Noodles jazzes up ordinary Ramen noodles with just a couple of ingredients. So easy and cheap, you’ll find yourself making them all the time!
Thai Peanut Noodles
These two minute Thai Peanut Noodles are a quick and inexpensive way to create a delicious side dish or main course. Back in college, this recipe was life! Like many starving college students, I lived on Ramen noodles. I actually got this recipe from my husband back when we were “just friends”. He came over to my apartment one day for lunch and of course, all I had was Ramen noodles. He added a couple spoonfuls of peanut butter and some chili sauce, handed it to me. I skeptically took a bite and it was so good! I don’t think I ate plain Ramen again. It quickly became my favorite meal that I could make for under fifty cents! And it literally takes two minutes to make from start to finish.
I had this recipe for Two Minute Thai Peanut Noodles posted here on the blog years ago but took it off when we re-designed the site because I thought it was TOO easy… but we got so many e-mails asking to put it back on. So here it is! This one is for YOU, all you poor, starving college students. And for those busy moms who just need to get SOMETHING on the table quickly before running off to baseball practice. Enjoy!
Tips for Thai Peanut Noodles
- Just about any flavor of Ramen noodles will work. I usually use the regular chicken flavor, but I’ve tried this with beef, spicy chicken, shrimp and spicy beef.
- Don’t forget to make the Ramen noodles as directed on the package, including adding the seasoning packet. Otherwise your noodles just won’t have enough flavor.
- Sriracha is a brand of hot sauce that can be found in most grocery stores in the Thai or Asian food section. It has a consistency of thin ketchup but packs a powerful punch that gives this recipe a much needed kick!
- You can use creamy or crunchy peanut butter, whatever you have on hand. Crunchy will give the whole dish a little more texture which is absolutely delicious.
- Speaking of added texture, you can add so many toppings to these noodles if you like. I love adding peanuts for crunch and green onions for flavor and color, but you could also toss in shredded carrots, chopped chicken green peas, mushrooms, beef, shrimp, just about anything goes!
More Tasty Thai Recipes
- Thai and Asian recipes are so delicious and super simple to prepare. Try a few of our favorite recipes and create a feast for your family!
- Thai Fish Tacos
- One Pot Thai Peanut Pasta
- Thai Peanut Chicken
- Easy Creamy Thai Peanut Dressing
- Thai Chicken Enchiladas
- Coconut Curry Chicken with Peanuts
How to Make Thai Peanut Noodles
Two Minute Thai Peanut Noodles
- Prepare ramen noodles as directed on package.
- Add peanut butter and Sriracha sauce.
- Drain all but about 1/4 cup of the liquid from the noodles.
- Stir together until well combined
- Top with peanuts and/or green onion. Boom. You're done.