We are huge fans of Winger’s sauce, we go buy the bottles of it all the time… but now there is no need. I will never have to go buy the sauce again. I’m not kidding, I can’t tell a difference between the real deal and these. This has got to be the exact recipe they use in the restaurant. We can whip these sticky fingers up in less time than it would take to go to Winger’s and order them! They are SO easy to make! Every single time I make these, they get devoured in no time flat. They are always the first thing to go if we have a tailgate spread.
|Our Version of Winger’s Sticky Fingers and Freakin’ Amazing Sauce|| |
- For the sauce:
- ⅓ c. Franks Hot Sauce (It has to be Franks Hot Sauce... no other sauce will taste as good)
- 1½ c. brown sugar
- 1 Tbsp. water
- For the Sticky Fingers:
- 1 c. oil
- 1 pkg. frozen breaded chicken tenders (We like to use the Tyson brand)
- Heat up hot sauce, brown sugar and water in a saucepot until all the sugar dissolves. Remove from heat and allow to cool to room temp before adding to wings OR prepare ahead of time and refrigerate. The wings turn out best if you don't pour warm sauce over them. You want it nice and thick.
- That's IT for the sauce! Isn't that easy?? We like to dip popcorn in it :) Mix it with a little bit of ranch to make their creamy amazing dressing.The possibilities are ENDLESS with this sauce!
- In a frying pan, heat oil and cook chicken tenders until crispy and warm. Dip each piece of chicken in the sauce so it is completely covered and move to serving plate, pour any remaining sauce over the chicken.
- Serve with ranch (we like to make the Hidden Valley Packet Ranch prepared with buttermilk instead of milk) or blue cheese dressing.
- *If you want to go a little lighter you can also bake the chicken tenders instead of frying, they still taste really good.