My husband, admittedly, isn’t much of a dessert person. Crazy, I know! But he LOVED these almond joy brownies! The first time I made this recipe I didn’t take a picture because it all got eaten up too fast, this time I had to keep everyone off the brownies until I got my picture first. Now, if you really want to make these all the way from scratch, we have an awesome fudge brownie recipe in our cookbook, but I made these easy style and used a package of fudge brownies for my base. Either way is so good. I love how the coconut almond layer becomes a toasty top to the brownies, then we like to drizzle chocolate and extra coconut when it’s done. I use a similar coconut filling to that of our Homemade Almond Joys, if you haven’t tried those, I highly recommend!
- Mix up your brownie mix and pour into a sprayed 9x13 inch pan.
- In a heavy sauce pan (over medium on the stove) heat syrup, marshmallows, and salt until marshmallows are melted. Continue to stir over heat for an additional minute. Remove from stove and add coconut, vanilla, and chopped almonds. Stir well and dollop this coconut mix all over the top of the brownie mix, it doesn't need to be completely covering the top, just evenly distributed.
- Bake the brownies according to the regular directions.
- When there is about 5 minutes left, begin melting the chocolate chips. I like to do this by putting them in a metal bowl and placing the bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- When you remove the brownies from the oven, drizzle all over with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with some extra coconut flakes.