This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These Almond Joy Brownies definitely hit the spot with all of their gooey, goodness. Filled with chocolate, almond and coconut, you and your family will be begging for more.
Almond Joy Brownies
Few desserts actually capture the emotion they inspire in their name. But these Almond Joy Brownies live up to the “joy.” My husband, admittedly, isn’t much of a dessert person. Crazy, I know! But he LOVED these almond joy brownies! The first time I made this recipe I didn’t take a picture because it all got eaten up too fast, this time I had to keep everyone off the brownies until I got my picture first.
Do You Use a Brownie Mix? Or From Scratch?
Now, if you really want to make these all the way from scratch, we have an awesome fudge brownie recipe in our cookbook, but I made these easy style and used a package of fudge brownies for my base. Either way is so good. I love how the coconut almond layer becomes a toasty top to the brownies, then we like to drizzle chocolate and extra coconut when it’s done. I use a similar coconut filling to that of our Homemade Almond Joys, if you haven’t tried those, I highly recommend!
Can’t Get Enough Coconut
If you are one who just can’t get enough delicious coconut flavor in your food, check out these other awesome recipes featuring coconut.
- Chicken Coconut Curry is warm, hearty and layered with sweet and savory flavors. It’s even better than restaurant curries and easier to make!
- Coconut Cream Pie from Scratch is a dreamy island dessert perfect for the coconut lover. The flaky made-from-scratch crust puts it over-the-top.
- Pani Popo (Samoan Coconut Rolls) are sweet rolls baked in a delicious coconut sauce. A favorite dish from Hawaii.
- Sweet Potato Casserole with Coconut Pecan Topping is creamy, crunchy and toasty. You’ll never try sweet potatoes any other way!
How To Make Almond Joy Brownies
Almond Joy Brownies
- 9×13 inch pan
- 1 box brownie mix or your favorite brownies from scratch
- 1/2 c. white Karo corn syrup
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 10 large marshmallows exactly 10 or the consistency is off
- 2 c. coconut
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- roasted almonds chopped
- 1 bag Ghiradelli milk chocolate chips they are worth the extra money
- Mix up your brownie mix and pour into a sprayed 9×13 inch pan.
- In a heavy sauce pan (over medium on the stove) heat syrup, marshmallows, and salt until marshmallows are melted. Continue to stir over heat for an additional minute. Remove from stove and add coconut, vanilla, and chopped almonds. Stir well and dollop this coconut mix all over the top of the brownie mix, it doesn’t need to be completely covering the top, just evenly distributed.
- Bake the brownies according to the regular directions.
- When there is about 5 minutes left, begin melting the chocolate chips. I like to do this by putting them in a metal bowl and placing the bowl over a pot of boiling water. Stir until chocolate is melted and smooth.
- When you remove the brownies from the oven, drizzle all over with the melted chocolate and sprinkle with some extra coconut flakes.
Did you try this recipe?
Share It on Instagram!
Mention @favoritefamilyrecipes or tag #favoritefamilyrecipes!
Oh my, this is one delicious brownies. It even has coconut, almond, and marshmallows. Such a luxurious treat.
I have never tried almond joy, but I am sure that I would LOVE these brownies!! Thanks for the recipe 🙂
These are amazing. My husbands favorite candy bar is almond joy so he loved these!
These brownies look so good! Love how gooey they look! Making them asap!
Oh my, they look absolutely delicious. I love all the flavors you have used.
How much chopped roasted almonds should be used in this recipe? Thanks!
I add anywhere from a 1/4 to a 1/2 cup.
Made these yesterday and they are delicious. The only thing I would do differently would be to partially bake the brownie part before adding the coconut almond mixture. The center wasn’t quite done enough but the sides were perfect.
Thank you for the suggestion! We will have to try that next time too!
Looking forward to making these tomorrow. What quantity of roasted chopped almonds do you use? Thanks!
These look delicious. When you say10 large marshmallows, are you referring to larger than mini size or to the monster ones that are now on the market?
Not the mini ones or the monster ones. Think regular size. 🙂
Yum! These brownies sound absolutely delicious!