This Arby’s Ham and Cheddar Melt with Arby’s Sauce copycat recipe is one you are going to love! A quick and easy dinner recipe for the whole family.
Arby’s Ham and Cheddar Melt
These Arby’s Ham and Cheddar Melts are one of my kids favorite lunches. They prefer them over any fast-food burger, chicken nuggets, or anything else. The bad news for my kids is that we really don’t eat out that often. The good news for them is that we make this super easy sandwich recipe with the Arby’s Sauce Copycat at home. They love the melts just as much as when we go to Arby’s. Now everyone is happy, and I know exactly what to make for lunch!
Arby’s Sauce Copycat Recipe
A sandwich recipe for an Arby’s melt wouldn’t be complete without the Arby’s sauce (which is one thing that I personally love). On the rare occasions we do go to Arby’s I always ask for an extra few packets, and whatever we don’t use that day, we just keep in our fridge for when we make these at home. However, a couple weeks ago I was browsing and found a recipe for Arby’s Sauce! I was so excited to try it, unfortunately it wasn’t quite right. After making a few adjustments I had it, just like the original! No more storing away little packets of Arby’s Sauce. Now I can make it at home, and so can you!
How To Make Arby’s Beef and Cheddar Melt
If you want to make an Arby’s Beef and Cheddar melt simply switch out the ham for some thinly sliced roast beef. Super easy sandwich recipe substitution. You can go as fancy or as cheap as you want on these– it all depends on the quality of deli-meat that you buy. Obviously the more you are willing to spend on quality deli meat, the better the sandwich will be. Now, go get yourself some curly-fries and enjoy your Arby’s copycat sandwiches and Arby’s sauce!
Other Great Copycat Recipes
If you’re looking to make more great restaurant food in the comfort and control of your home, check out these great copycat recipes.
- Zuppa Toscana Copycat tastes even better than the soup you can order at Olive Garden. Creamy base, loaded with sausage and potatoes. You will love it!
- Orange Chicken (Panda Express Copycat Recipe) is made with simple ingredients, but tastes just like what you love at Panda Express.
- The BEST White Castle Sliders Copycat Recipe is the real deal for anyone who has ever wanted to replicate these popular sliders.
- P.F. Chang’s Mongolian Beef Copycat is pan fried and coated in delicious sweet and savory sauce. Just like the popular dish at P.F. Chang’s but a fraction of the price.
How to make Arby’s Ham and Cheddar Melt
For the Cheddar Cheese Sauce:
- In a medium-sized skillet over medium heat, cook deli ham until heated through (spray the pan with cooking spray to reduce sticking).
- Spread Arby’s sauce on one side of each bun and place ham on the bun.
- Spoon on cheddar cheese sauce (see below) and serve.
For the Cheese Sauce:
- Melt butter in a small sauce pan over medium heat. Whisk in the flour (whisking constantly) and cook for about 1 minute forming a roux.
- SLOWLY whisk in milk until reaching desired consistency.
- Remove from heat and stir in cheese.
- Add salt and pepper, to taste
For the Arby's Sauce:
- In a small sauce pan combine all the Arby's sauce ingredients.
- Simmer over medium heat for a couple of mintues.