This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
White Castle Sliders you can make at home! If you have always wanted to replicate these signature burgers from the White Castle restaurant, this recipe is the real deal.
Featured with this recipe
This white castle sliders copycat recipe makes flavorful, juicy, perfect little cheeseburgers everyone loves. They are small and handheld but mighty and filling at the same time. Perfect to make for a crowd and is enjoyed by many!
Enjoy this delicious restaurant favorite in the comfort of your own home! Take your sliders to the next level with this simple and easy white castle slider recipe. Layer the buns, meat mixture, and onions on top of each other to make the perfect white castle slider recipe. These are the best tasting sliders yet!
Ingredients in White Castle Sliders
These aren’t your ordinary beef patties with cheese. You will love the unique flavor of this delicious ground beef mixture and toppings. When you start to crave a white castle slider you now have the perfect slider recipe to make!
- Ground beef – Use lean ground beef for this slider recipe. A little fat from the hamburger in the meat is okay. It will hold the sliders together better.
- Lipton onion soup mix – This comes in a two-pack in a box. It adds the onion flavor with seasoning to the meat. You do not need to make the packet. You will only be using the dry mixture.
- Peanut butter – Yes, peanut butter! Just a tablespoon, and trust me on this! If you are really against using the peanut butter, you can just leave it out but it holds the meat together nicely.
- Milk – Gives the meat a tender and juicy texture.
- Onion – Yellow onion that is finely chopped. You will scatter the onions overtop the ground beef and buns during the baking process.
- Slider buns – I found mine in the bakery section of the grocery store. You can also use Hawaiian rolls in place of normal dinner rolls, or mini bread rolls.
- Cheese slices – About 10 to 12 Kraft American cheese slices, or any type of cheese you like.
Step by Step Instructions
These aren’t your typical cooked patties. This is a great meal to feed a crowd! It is easy to make a lot of these sliders all at once using these step-by-step instructions. These white castle sliders come together quickly and easily!
- Mix – Mix the ground beef, Lipton onion soup mix, peanut butter, and milk in a large bowl.
- Flatten – Spread the mixture on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper. Use a rolling pin to roll over the meat to smooth it out over the bottom of the baking sheet. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes.
- Bake – Take the pan out of the oven sprinkle the diced onions all around the edges then bake for 15 more minutes.
- Layer – Remove from oven, then spoon the onions from the edges all over the top of the meat and layer with cheese slices. Bake another 7 to 10 minutes or until cheese has melted.
- Slice – Slice the cooked patties with a pizza cutter. Place sliders on the bottom and top of the ground beef.
- Serve – On the top half of the rolls add any condiments, pickles, or extras that you like on the white castle sliders and enjoy!
Toppings for White Castle Burgers
Once you have your sliders baked and cut, you can top your cheese slider with all kinds of toppings. Turn sliders into the best ones yet with all the toppings you choose!
- Condiments – Take your basic condiments like ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise and use them on these sliders.
- Pickles – I prefer the dill pickle slices best but you can try bread and butter or lime pickles for various flavors. If you are a pickle fan, then go crazy with the pickles. For us, we like to use about 20 to 24 dill pickles on our sliders.
- Cheese – Choose your favorite cheese! American cheese will give you that signature flavor, but you can use cheddar, Swiss cheese, pepper jack, or Colby jack. Any cheese is good cheese when it is melty cheese!
- Meat – Add on a slice of ham or cooked bacon strips for a thicker type of white castle slider.
- Garlic powder – Sprinkle extra flavor from the garlic powder onto the burgers.
- Topping – Make a true burger by using melted butter, then brush the butter on top of the buns and add sesame seeds for a fun appearance and extra texture!
What to Serve with White Castle Sliders
Just like any burger you need a side of fries! These white castle sliders are delicious and filling by themselves but also with a great side. Our go-to are always french fries but enjoy a lighter side like salad or a crunchy chip bag.
- French Fries – Classic crinkle-cut or shoestring fries make a perfect side to complement the sliders. You can make your french fries from scratch or cook up frozen fries in the air fryer!
- Onion Rings – Crunchy, golden-brown onion rings add a delicious texture and flavor contrast.
- Coleslaw – A creamy and refreshing coleslaw pairs well with the savory sliders, balancing out the flavors.
- Side Salad – A light side salad with fresh greens, tomatoes, and a vinaigrette dressing offers a healthier option.
- Sweet Potato Fries – For a twist, serve sweet potato fries that provide a slightly sweet and savory contrast.
- Chips – Crispy potato chips, whether regular or flavored, are an easy and convenient side option.
- Fruit Salad – A bowl of fresh fruit salad adds a refreshing touch to the meal, balancing the richness of the sliders.
- Corn on the Cob – Grilled or boiled corn on the cob can be a fun and flavorful addition to the meal.
- Soup – Pair the sliders with a warm bowl of soup, such as tomato soup or a hearty chili, for a satisfying combination.
- Macaroni and Cheese – Creamy mac and cheese brings a comforting element to the meal.
- Baked Beans – The sweetness and heartiness of baked beans complement the sliders’ flavors well.
- Mashed Potatoes – Creamy mashed potatoes are a comforting side that can be a great addition.
“This was so good! Tasted just like White Castle. Can’t wait to make these for family gatherings!”-Hannah Johnson
Frequently Asked Questions
Yes, of course, you can, but I suggest giving them a try. Even if you don’t like onions, they add a wonderful flavor and texture that just can’t be duplicated.
Don’t be skeptical about the peanut butter that the recipe calls for. I know it sounds weird, but it adds a terrific texture that is difficult to substitute. If you have a nut allergy or just can’t do the peanut butter, feel free to leave it out.
Yes! These work great and still have the classic onion flavor that compliments the white castle taste!
Storing the Perfect Sliders
Make these ahead of time or learn to freeze them the proper way! Store them for a quick snack the next day or freeze them for a later time. These white castle sliders are an easy weeknight dinner that everyone enjoys!
- Making ahead – Prepare the sliders ahead of time and store them in the fridge until ready to reheat.
- Storing – Place the cooled white castle cheeseburger sliders in an airtight container in the refrigerator for three to four days.
- Freezing – Wrap the extra sliders in plastic wrap then place in a freezer-safe bag for up to a month. Just make sure to thaw the burgers out completely in the refrigerator before microwaving so they cook evenly.
- Reheating – These little sliders make the best leftovers! Take them out of the fridge and pop them in the microwave for about 30-40 seconds and they taste just as fresh as the night before!
READ NEXT:50+ Best and Delicious Grill Recipes
More Delicious Burger and Sliders Recipes
You can’t go wrong with an all-American burger dinner. From sliders to juicy burgers, check out a few of our favorite recipes:
How to Make White Castle Sliders
White Castle Sliders
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 ounces Lipton onion soup mix (1 packet)
- 1 tablespoon peanut butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 onion finely chopped
- 12 Slider Rolls I found mine in the bakery section of the grocery store. You may be able to fit more on depending on the size of the buns.
- 12 cheese slices Kraft or Velveeta cheese slices work great too
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef, Lipton onion soup mix, peanut butter, and milk.
- Spread the meat mixture on a cookie sheet. Use a rolling pin to roll over the meat to smooth it out. Bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes. The meat will shrink. Take it out of the oven and put the diced onions all around the edges, this will give the meat a great flavor, and bake for 15 more minutes.
- Remove from oven, then spoon the onions from the edges all over the top of the meat and layer with cheese slices. Bake another 7-10 minutes (until cheese is melted).
- Remove from oven and add the tops of the rolls (the bottom part of the rolls will just sit on the counter) and place back in the oven for about 5 more minutes.
- Take it out of the oven. Slice the sliders with a pizza cutter and pick up the slider/top bun with a spatula and set it on the bottom bun.
- Ketchup, mustard, mayonnaise or other condiments.
- Dill pickle slices – you’ll probably want about 20-24 dill pickle chips for these, especially if you’re a fan of dill pickle.
- Lime pickles
- Garlic powder
- Pinch of salt
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.