This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
These Butterfinger Bites let you experience your favorite chocolatey, peanut butter filled candy in a new way and with a chocolate cheesecake filling.
Homemade Butterfinger Bites
These Butterfinger Bites take the uniquely delicious taste of Butterfinger and pair them with a buttery cookie crust and a chocolate cheesecake filling. Try them out for your next super bowl party, baby shower, girls’ night or family get together. They make perfect little bite size pieces. If you are in the mood for a bigger dessert, then you can always make them in regular size muffin tins. Just bake them a little longer.
All Kinds of Candy
For those of you that aren’t crazy about Butterfinger but still want to make something similar to these bites, you can use any kind of candy bar in its place! These taste really good with Heath bars or mini M&Ms or chopped up Snickers. Try it with your favorite and let us know how it works out.
Frequently Asked Questions About Butterfinger Bites
That crispy, crunchy Butterfinger filling consists of peanut butter mixed with cooked sugar. When that mixture is spread out thin it makes up those crispy layers. The little bits of Butterfinger sprinkled on top of each bite tastes so dang good!
In a lot of Butterfinger recipes, you find candy corn on the ingredients list. This is because candy corn contains the cooked sugar that is needed for the Butterfinger filling. It can be a shortcut to get that texture.
The candy bar got its name from a contest. The term Butterfinger refers to a sports insult meaning someone who can’t hold on to the ball.
More Candy-Inspired Treats
There are so many ways, including these Butterfinger Bites, to take the natural amazing-ness of your favorite candy, and enhance it. If you’re looking to satisfy a sweet tooth, then try some of these!
- Candy Bar Hot Chocolate is a great way to add your favorite candy flavor to the always popular chocolate-y drink.
- Oh Henry Bars are a homemade version of this classic confection.
- Chocolate Cherry Cake is a way to combine two holiday favorites, cake and chocolate cherry candies.
- Halloween Candy Monster Bark takes the most candy-filled holiday to another level.
How to Make Butterfinger Bites
Butterfinger Cheesecake Bites
- Miniature muffin pan
- Electric Mixer
- 1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 2 Fun Size Butterfinger bars crushed
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spray mini muffin pan with non-stick cooking spray. Place cookie crumbs, sugar, butter and salt into a bowl; mix to combine.
- Spoon mixture into bottoms of a mini muffin tin and press. Bake for 5 minutes and remove from oven.
- Reduce heat to 300 degrees. In a stand or electric mixer, beat cream cheese and peanut butter until smooth. Beat sugar, egg, cream and salt until well combined. Slowly stir in crushed Butterfinger.
- Evenly pour batter over baked crust. Bake for 18-20 minutes or until cheesecake is set. Let cool for 2 hours, then remove from pan.
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second intervals until smooth. If needed, return back to microwave for 15 seconds or so until smooth. Spoon chocolate mixture over tops of cakes then sprinkle crushed butterfinger over top.