This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
Easy Velveeta Nacho Cheese Dip is spicy, gooey, and comes together in just two simple ingredients! The perfect party nacho cheese dip, game day appetizer, or Friday night snack fix.
Featured with this Recipe
Velveeta Nacho Cheese Dip with Rotel Tomatoes
This Velveeta Nacho Cheese Dip is one of the easiest recipes we have! The recipe card is short and sweet: creamy Velveeta cheese and spicy diced Rotel tomatoes mix together to become the best dip ever! Tortilla chips, carrots, broccoli, bread sticks, just about anything, tastes better dipped in creamy cheese sauce. It’s the perfect staple at every super bowl game party, New Year’s Eve gathering, family game night, or just when you’re feeling the munchies coming on.
Our kids love to eat this with a big pile of veggies to dip. In fact, it’s a delicious way to get your children to eat more of those good-for-you foods. No need for fancy ingredients to make a delicious cheese dip. Try this simple recipe and you’ll have the perfect party dip.
Ingredients in Velveeta Cheese and Rotel Dip Recipe
- Velveeta Cheese – cut into small cubes
- Rotel Tomatoes with green chilies – do not drain
Suggestions for Velveeta Nacho Cheese Dip
- For a heartier version of this cheese dip, cook up some ground Italian sausage or ground beef, pat off excess grease, and stir in after the cheese is melted.
- You could also add diced chicken, ham, bacon, sliced summer sausage or cream cheese for extra protein. Or add some cooked and drained black beans for added fiber.
- The secret to this sauce’s spiciness is using a can of Rotel tomatoes with green chiles. If you prefer a little less of a kick, use a can of diced tomatoes without the green chiles.
- For more spice, add a dash or two of hot sauce or hot salsa into the mixture.
- You can quickly make this Rotel cheese dip recipe in the microwave using a microwave-safe bowl, stirring every two to three minutes until fully melted. Or, you can toss it all in the Crock pot and let it melt slowly on low. It stays nice and warm for all night parties.
- Serve this queso dip along with a tray of carrots, pea pods, broccoli, cauliflower, celery sticks and red pepper slices for a healthier snack. Of course, a pile of tortilla chips tastes absolutely delicious too!
- Top your bowl of Velveeta cheese dip with sour cream, diced onions, cilantro, green onion, or guacamole. There is no wrong way to serve this cheesy bowl of goodness. This recipe makes the very best plate of nachos in a snap!
- To reheat leftovers, simply microwave on high for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally to avoid hot spots.
Frequently Asked Questions
Keep any leftover cheese dip in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It’ll stay good in the fridge for up to five days or in the freezer in a freezer safe container for 3 months.
To keep a creamy consistency and texture, whisk leftovers in a saucepan over medium heat on the stove until it’s heated through but doesn’t boil. You can also reheat in the crockpot the next day.
Any flavor of Velveeta cheese works! Sharp cheddar cheese, Monterey jack, etc. Velveeta is the perfect melting cheese for this recipe.
Yes, there is no gluten in this cheese dip.
More Tasty Dips
Needing more dip recipes or an another easy appetizer for your next shin dig? Look no further! We’ve got you covered with some of the very best dips out there.
How to Make Velveeta Nacho Cheese Dip
Velveeta Nacho Cheese Dip
- 1 pound Velveeta Cheese
- 1 can Rotel Tomatoes with green chilies
- Slice the cheese into cubes and put in a large bowl.
- Pour in entire can of Rotel Tomatoes.
- Melt in microwave on high, stirring every 2 to 3 minutes until fully melted.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
Love this recipe?
We want to hear from you! Please leave a review.