This Homemade Russian Dressing is the best I have ever had. It is creamy, tangy, and way better than anything you can find in a store!
This Homemade Russian Dressing is the best I have ever had. It is so much better making this dressing from scratch than anything that you can buy in a store. A few tips, when looking for chili sauce, get the thicker ketchup like stuff. I actually got Heinz Chili Sauce and that was perfect for this recipe. Also, I made this entire recipe in my blender and that worked perfectly, except for the pickles. I still like to chop those by hand and stir them into the dressing. You don’t want the pickles blended in, just nice little pieces.
Russian Dressing is delicious on salads and sandwiches, especially our Corned Beef Sandwich (that I will be posting on Friday). I sometimes even like dipping fries or potato chips in it. It makes a really tasty dip. My husband loves this dressing on hamburgers.
- 1 c. mayonnaise
- 1/2 c. chili sauce
- 2 Tbsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. sugar
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- 2 shakes of Worcestershire sauce
- black pepper to taste
- 2 to 3 Tbsp. chopped dill pickles
- Place all ingredients, except chopped pickles, in a blender and blend until smooth and thoroughly mixed together.
- Pour into a medium sized bowl and stir in the chopped pickles.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours to set up.