It’s almost fall which also means we are coming into apple season and these Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls are the perfect fall treat! You are going to love the layers of swirled caramel and apple topped off with our yummy caramel frosting!
Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
Looking for a mouthwatering recipe to make for a splurgy breakfast? This is the one! These caramel apple cinnamon rolls combine two of my all-time favorites, gooey cinnamon rolls and sweet caramel apples.
Fall Breakfast Ideas
You can make these caramel apple cinnamon rolls any time of year, but I end up making them a lot during the fall thanks to an abundance of apples! This is a good recipe to make for a Saturday brunch at home. Make sure to serve them warm out of the oven—in my opinion, they are best that way!
These caramel apple cinnamon rolls have a yummy drizzle of caramel. You have a few options for how to make this sauce. The best way to make these cinnamon rolls over-the-top incredible is to make your own butterscotch caramel sauce from scratch. It’s not as hard as you imagine!
Secondly, you can use your favorite caramel for this recipe. If I am pressed for time, my personal favorite is Mrs. Richardson’s Butterscotch Caramel sauce- it is really yummy! You can find it next to where the ice cream cones are at the grocery store, or in the baking aisle.
If you opt to use caramel from the store, it will need to be warmed up for this recipe. That will help it spread easily over the dough.
Shortcut to Making Dough
Here’s an insider’s tip I use when I’m making these caramel apple cinnamon rolls. Sometimes, I want to make these quickly and make the process a bit easier on myself. So, instead of making dough from scratch, I use Rhodes Bread Dough instead.
They actually have a sweet dough, but it’s hard to find, so I usually use their white bread dough. Honestly, I think it is every bit as good as dough from scratch but soooo much easier!!! I just put the dough in a bowl lined with cooking spray, cover it with plastic wrap, and let the dough raise overnight. It’s seriously one of my favorite cooking cheats!
For you traditionalists out there, we have an awesome dough base if you still want to make it from scratch.
But, for those of you that like things easy, try my trick and I promise I won’t tell your friends. Everyone will think you put so much work into making these from scratch, they won’t be able to tell the difference!
More Cinnamon Roll Recipes:
If you are like us, you love cinnamon rolls! Here are a few more
- The Best Homemade Cinnamon Rolls
- Biscoff Spread Cinnamon Rolls
- Lion House Cinnamon Rolls
- Peach Cinnamon Rolls
- Dutch Oven Cinnamon Rolls
How to Make Caramel Apple Cinnamon Rolls
- Roll the dough out into a large rectangular shape. Spread a little over half the jar of caramel all over the dough. On top of the caramel, layer thin sliced or shredded apple (I cored then shredded the apples in my food processor) Sprinkle generously with brown sugar, then lightly with cinnamon.
- Carefully roll the dough up into a long tube. Cut 1 and 1/2 inch sections and place on a greased cookie sheet. (It should make 2 cookie sheets worth / 24 cinnamon rolls)
- Let raise until almost double in size then bake at 375 for 10 to 15 minutes.
- While they are baking, mix together the frosting ingredients.
- Remove the cinnamon rolls from oven and cool for 10 minutes, then spread on caramel frosting. Then I like to drizzle on a little leftover caramel over the frosting.