Make your Crepes Versatile
We love crepes! The best thing about them is that you can enjoy them in so many different ways, from savory to sweet. If you have a good basic crepe recipe, you have a door to endless possibilities!
Need Some Flavor Inspiration?
There are some basic crepe ideas in the recipe but here are a few more ideas for some great crepe fillings:
- Boiled eggs (sliced) & cooked asparagus (topped with hollandaise sauce)
- Ham & cheese
- Sauteed mushrooms & cheese
- Eggs, Cheese & Bacon (or whatever you would put in an omelet)
- Crab & cream cheese
- Cottage cheese & strawberries or peaches
- Cottage cheese, parmesan cheese, & tomatoes
- Butter, cinnamon, & sugar
- Custard & fruit
- Vanilla ice cream with caramel & chocolate sauce
- Banana & whipped cream
- Mousse & fruit or chocolate
In a blender or food processor combine all ingredients (if you don't want them to be sweet, take out the sugar and vanilla). Blend until smooth and all ingredients are mixed together. Cover and refrigerate about an hour (don't skip this step.. it is very important). Heat a skillet* over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray or oil.
Pour 1/4 cup of the batter into pan, tilting to completely coat the surface of the pan (kind of like how you would if you were trying to coat the pan with oil). Cook 3-4 minutes, flipping over once, until golden. The thinner the crepe, the better!
*If you have a crepe maker... use that. They will turn out perfect every time. 😉
For Savory- Sausage, scrambled eggs, & cheese (top with sour cream, cheese, and salsa)
For Sweet- Cream cheese, whipped cream, & strawberries (topped with strawberry jam, whipped cream & sprinkled with powdered sugar)