This post may contain affiliate links. See our disclosure policy.
This Egg Roll Bowl recipe is my latest obsession. They’re great for meal prep for the upcoming week and are so delicious for a quick meal.
Featured with this recipe
These Egg Roll Bowls are my new go-to for quick lunches, weeknight dinners, and meal prep. It is like a deconstructed egg roll over rice. The pork, vegetables, and sauce cook together in a pan while the rice cooks and it all reheats great in the microwave the next day! You can enjoy a filling dish of pork, veggies, and a delicious sauce over rice anytime.
Ingredients in an Egg Roll Bowl
- Ground Pork – Ground pork is usually made from pork shoulder. I like to use lean ground pork for this recipe.
- Coleslaw Mix – Get a mix that has green cabbage, red cabbage, and matchstick carrots. You can also use broccoli slaw. If you have red and green cabbage and carrots on hand, then chop them very finely.
- Green Onion – You will use the white parts and green parts separately.
- Sauce – The sauce for these egg roll bowls is so yummy! It contains tamari, sweet chili sauce, garlic, ginger, black pepper, and also sesame oil.
- Spicy Mayo – Spicy mayo makes a great topping for these bowls.
- Sesame Seeds – I also like to garnish my bowl with a few dashes of sesame seeds.
- Cooked Rice – Use any rice you like for the base of this recipe.
- Use ground turkey, ground beef, or ground chicken in place of pork.
- For a vegetarian egg roll bowl, use tofu in place of pork.
- If you don’t have tamari on hand, then use low-sodium soy sauce or coconut aminos. Tamari is a gluten-free soy sauce alternative.
- Add a little rice vinegar or rice wine vinegar to the rice for flavor.
- If you want a low-carb meal, then use cauliflower rice.
- Add sriracha or red pepper flakes to the sauce for a little more spice.
When you first put the coleslaw mix in, it will seem like too much! But don’t worry – it will cook down a lot.
Frequently Asked Questions about Egg Roll Bowls
The “egg” in egg rolls refers to the dough of the egg roll wrapper. The dough has eggs in it. The filling doesn’t actually have egg, so there isn’t any egg in this recipe.
Egg roll filling usually consists of cabbage, carrots, onions, and pork.
Store leftover Egg Roll Bowl in an airtight container in the fridge. They should last about a week. Reheat in the microwave.
Read Next: 35+ Easy Lunch Recipes
More Filling Bowl Recipes
Egg Roll Bowl
For the Sauce
- cooked white rice
- spicy mayo see notes for recipe
- sesame seeds
- Combine all sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add pork and the white parts of the green onions. Cook until pork is brown all the way through.
- Add coleslaw mix, the rest of the green onion, and the sauce. Stir until the cabbage cooks down.
- To assemble the bowl layer rice, egg roll filling, spicy mayo, and sesame seeds.
- Nutrition Facts do not include rice.
- To make spicy mayo, combine ½ cup mayonnaise or kewpie may, 2 tablespoons Sriracha, and a dash of sesame oil.
- When you first put the coleslaw mix in, it will seem like too much! But don’t worry – it will cook down a lot.